Thread: Housing adult female cresties together

Thanks

Default Housing adult female cresties together

So thoughts on housing adult female cresties together here?.

I have two female adult cresties that I would like to move in together
    in a fifty five gal. tank. One dropped her tail somewhat recently and I was waiting for her tail stump to heal up and now I have decided to wait until I come back from a trip just in case there are any complications. One of the females is larger then the other and I don't really know how much size differences are tolerated. And possibly a third adult female crestie later.

I have two other adult females living alone in two separate forty gal. tanks that I was planning to keep in female pairs later on.
    One of these females currently housed alone in a forty gal. tank is the one I wanted to move into the fifty five gal. so one of the forty gal. tanks would be empty and I would possibly add two different females. Most likely from the sub adults that I am waiting on to grow up. The sub adults are currently housed in ten to twenty gal. sized housing.

Thanks

It might work. Have different feeding stations and lot sof hiding spots. You need to have a backup plan for if they dont get along.

Thanks

I wouldn't do it. Geckos are solitary creatures and do best alone. They could get along fine for awhile but could start fighting at any time. They can even fight to the death. I especially wouldn't put them together if they are different sizes. The larger one would bully the smaller one guaranteed.

Thanks

I'll second Orchidilia. I wouldn't do it for all the reasons given. Too much risk.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

By size differences, I'm talking minor size differences here. I know geckos should be as close as possible to the same size, just not sure how much size difference could be allowed.

Thanks

Like I said before I wouldn't risk it. There are tons of threads here where people have put geckos together and they fight. If they are already living alone why change it? Maybe if they had grown up together it would maybe work but even then they can fight at any time. There was even a thread here where one gecko ate the other!

Thanks

Because I wasn't really prepared to devote my larger tanks to single geckos. I currently have two adult females living alone in forty gal. tanks and the one living alone in the fifty five gal. tank.
    I'm sure the one alone in the fifty five gal. setup is happy, well minus the day she decided to jump onto the floor and drop her tail.

Thanks

Could you divide the tanks to make two smaller ones where each could still live alone? They really do best when alone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchidilia For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-04-2017)