Thread: My first hatchling!

Thanks

Default My first hatchling!

My egg that I very first posted on pangea about has hatched! I checked the eggs right before I left for my late night walk last night and didn't notice anything different about the egg. It hadn't sweated or shrank that I could tell but I came home to my first baby crestie. I'm so incredibly excited and he seems to be doing well. He's already shedding and he ate a drop of pangea this morning off of a q-tip. The only thing that I'm worried about is that I can't seem to get his weight to register on my scale. My scale weighs to a hundredth of a gram and it's saying he only weighs .03 grams. Could that actually be accurate?

Name:  F1.1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  11.6 KB
    Name:  F1.2.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  10.6 KB
    Name:  F1.3.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  F1.4.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  88.1 KB
    Name:  F1.5.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  82.7 KB
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston"1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys"1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn"1.3.6.6 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareena For This Useful Post:

GalexyNumber25 (09-07-2017)

Thanks

Oh my goodness, it's perfectly tiny!! I doubt it's only 0.03g though. Have you tried calibrating your scale? You can use a penny: http://cointrackers.com/blog/43/how-...a-penny-weigh/

Thanks

Awe congrats, my first hatched somewhat recently too and I was very excited. I wasn't home either when the egg hatched so I came home to a tiny hatchling clinging to the side of the glass terrarium.

Thanks

He actually ended up weighing only .83 grams when he hatched. He's a tiny guy and he hatched out of a smaller than average egg as well. He's eating well and pooping and somehow already weighs .96 grams! He's developing quite a few dal spots and always licks my fingers looking for food. They have such awesome personalities even when they're tiny.
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston"1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys"1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn"1.3.6.6 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.

Thanks

Omg that is SO CUTE.