Thread: Leachies not eating after enclosure change

Thanks

Default Leachies not eating after enclosure change

Hello,
    As the title states my little guys stopped eating when I changed their enclosures around. I provided several hides, more humidity holders (moss, etc) and the ambient temp is about 75-76 during the day. I've never had an issue with their eating before (they are 2 and 1 y/o respectively). It's been about 3 weeks that they've been having this strike. I took them to the vet last week and they told me they're doing fine but to just keep an eye on them. Should I start hand feeding? Maybe daily until they start on their own? I've seen a couple poops so I know some days they've eaten, but not much. Just don't want MBD to develop. Thanks!

Thanks

It sounds like you are going to be fine. If you went to a larger enclosure it may take some time for adjustment. Sometimes it is good to add a second feeding location if this is the case. If they are defecating it is a sign that they are eating.

Thanks

I should make note that they've only defecated once each in the past two weeks or so. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. They're given several feeding spots, humidity is good, several hides, temps are mid 70s.. Should I force feed now or give it more time?

Thanks

What are you feeding them?

Thanks

It used to be the Pangea complete with insects but I figured I'd try to change it up for them to see if the hunger strike would let up, so I've been rotating between complete with insects, banana papaya, and banana apricot. No luck so far.

Thanks

I would weigh them to see if they are holding weight. I wouldn't "force feed" them, but putting a little on their snout to give them a taste wouldn't hurt. It may inspire them to go to the bowl.

Thanks

Gotcha. Will give that a shot at tomorrow nights feeding. I work nights so can't do it tonight. Thank you for your responses