Thread: Slime coming from pacman frog...?

Thanks

Default Slime coming from pacman frog...?

Hello! I have owned a pacman frog since he was about the size of a nickel. Now he is probably between the size of a golf ball or a cue ball (if that makes sense). About 2 months ago, he went off of food and did not eat for a month. I got him to feed once, and now he is not eating again.

However, as I was handling him to give him a soak/bath, I noticed he had this slime all over him. It was cloudy white, and was very sticky. Once I set him into his bath, he pooped a little bit out.

Does anyone have any advice? I would love to take him to a vet, but I am from a small area and our vet is not that well-trained with reptiles and amphibians (I went in with a crested gecko once and she gave me a leopard gecko caresheet and said "it's pretty much the same information" ... but that's another story).

Please help! I hope my baby is ok.
    1.1.0 Correlephus ciliatus (Bae and Luci)
    0.0.1 Ceratophyridae Ceratophyrs (Reginald)
    1.0.0 Pogona Vitticeps (Pete)
    1.1.0 Black cat (Army and Coal)

Thanks

Do you have a picture? It's hard to understand what you're describing without a photo. Is it possible that he's shedding?

Thanks

You might try calling Josh's Frogs - they can't give you vet advice, but might be able to tell you if this is normal or something to be concerned about.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0