Thread: Mochi the gecko's morph?

Thanks

Talking Mochi the gecko's morph?

Hey there! In addition to my earlier post on my new crestie's bioactive vivarium question I'd also love to know what morph she is?

A bit of info ~
    Yesterday I found an ad on craigslist with some lovely geckos for sale near by, lucky me! I picked out a pretty (what I was told) female.
    From what I can tell she seems yellowy? with Dalmatian spots.
    I think she's super cute, friendly, calmer then expected, sweet like mango mochi ice-cream and the same color too

When I brought her home I set up her tub the guy gave me. I added a stick, live pathos plant, paper towel for the floor, a toilet paper roll tunnel, therm/hygro meters and misted her down. The temp was about 72' and humidity got up to 90%. I figured i'd try and feed her a while later. I mixed up the watermelon pangea cgd using a mini spoon (from the samples you get at an ice-cream store haha) and put it to her little nose. She gobbled it up like crazy.. I was so surprised b/c Ive heard some don't eat for weeks ! and I was super nervous about it.
    Thankfully after she licked off the spoon I put the bowl in her tank. In a few hours I found her bowl empty ! Yay! This morning she was sleeping in her toilet paper roll in a little ball. I misted her and left. In the evening I took her out to put in a fresh paper towel ( behold a first poop too! haha) and she woke up. I let her climb an indoor plant of mine and snapped a few pics.
    Q: is it ok to let them climb on plants that have been indoors for 6 months + ?
    I put her back in her tub and fed her again with the same results I saw her eating a while ago.
    She's the best and I couldn't be happier.

Here is Mochi vvv is she shedding? What else do you guys notice ?

Thank you !

Name:  mochi2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  mochi1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  85.5 KB
    Name:  mochi3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  75.0 KB
    Name:  mochi4.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  mochi5.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  77.2 KB

Thanks

That's good that she is eating! Just don't over feed her, adults are usually feed every 48 hours/every other day. I also usually keep my enclosure at 75-78 but that's just preference. She seems like a brindle dalmatian to me but I can't tell for sure on the brindle part because the shots are pretty close up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aofaj For This Useful Post:

Madiipons (09-04-2017)

Thanks

Oh I might be over feeding her then. A few times she's eatten all her food at night and twice I left it in there for the next day too because it was still mostly full. She's 27 grams, is that considered an adult and the guy I got her from said shes18 months old. How many crickets should I be giving her too?
    I can try to get a far away picture too. Thank you though ! @aofaj

Thanks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  14.9 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  17.5 KB

These are photos the previous owner took.
    Last edited by Madiipons; 09-04-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks

So adult age differs between owners and hobbyist. Some say they become adults after a year, other say once they are able to be sex determined, or at 25 grams. Which your gecko kinda meets all those haha. So I'd say it's safe to start feeding every other day now. My crestie is 3 years old now and weights 42 grams. I feed him every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The longest he goes without food is the weekend. As for crickets, if you haven't feed her crickets before, start off with trying once a week. Start off with getting 5 crickets and seeing how many she eats and go from there. This is where the fun part of this hobby comes in, learning about your gecko! She what her habits are, see how she reacts to different flavors of food and the crickets (mine doesn't eat crickets anymore ). But I'm glad you're asking questions!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aofaj For This Useful Post:

Madiipons (09-06-2017)

Thanks

Oops! Forgot to mention that I still think that her morph is a brindle with dalmatian spots!

Thanks

Wow thank you for all of that helpful info. I had no idea you could create a feeding schedule like that. Sometimes she eats all her food in one night and then others it takes two nights , so far that's all I've noticed about her feeding habits. She liked the crickets ! I'll try the other food I got her soon to she if she likes it ( cgd with insects by Pangea) more then the watermelon Pangea. I tried to give her mission fig mushed up but she wasn't to interested .
    I do have another question though if you don't mind ! You've already helped so much ��
    Q: If I have a small light or the tv on in the living room where her cage is , does this bother them? Or disrupt there night time activity ?

Thanks again, Madii

Thanks

No problem! You can get into a healthy feeding schedule easily as long as you're consistent. I had to keep a small notebook and write down the days I fed to make sure I was doing it consistently. Now it's just habit. As for your light question, it doesn't disrupt them. My room is actually pretty dark (because I have black out curtains lol) so I decided to place a low wattage night light on the table right next to the terrarium to help my gecko see a little at night and I feel as though he is more active and doesn't slam into the walls as much as he use to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aofaj For This Useful Post:

Madiipons (09-07-2017)