Thread: Mex Mex Kings

Thanks

Default Mex Mex Kings

These are a trio of San Luis Potosi Kings (Lampropeltis mexicana mexicana) that I purchased from David Weymouth of MountainKings.com a couple years back. These are designer Kings especially with the male (pick of the year)have such a dominance of red in his coloring. All three are being cooled now and should be breed for the first time later this spring. If you know Mex Mex these are killer versions of the normal locale.

Thanks

I used to have a single pair of these along with a pretty good sized group of high end thayeri. The mex mex are usually quite muted in color, but I really liked them. This does look like a very nice pair. Have they produced any offspring for you yet? It was a bit of a struggle getting babies fromthese guys going on pinkies for me.

Gary

Thanks

Thanks, Gary. They will come out of cooling in a month or so and this will be the first year that they will be bred. I am open to any advice at getting the hatchlings feeding when the time comes.

Thanks

Go ahead and find some house geckos and treat them for parasites. Rubbing the house gecko on a washed pinky was a trick that I have seen work well on these guys. Or if you can get any shed from them sticking little pieces of it to a damp pink works too. Good luck with them!
    Dale

P.S. I have heard that the t-rex lizard sent stuff works with them too, I never tried it with them, I know that it saved me a BIG head ache on my 3rd clutch of grey bands.
    Last edited by peublan; 04-02-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

Thanks, Dale.

That is good advice. I remember having to use similar tactics with Spotted hatchlings for awhile which entailed some gruesome manipulations of mouse pinkies. Sometimes I overlook the simple, basic approaches to the problem which is why I like getting advice from people on forums (like yourself).