Thread: My first Leo!

Thanks

Post My first Leo!

Hi,
    I am new here. I just recently got a leo. I am pretty certain it is a female but would like some feedback on a few things.

I have a 10-gallon terrarium.
    Warm side: 86-90 degrees, Cool side: 75-80
    Newspaper substrate for now... be switching it out for reptile carpet.
    I do not have a U.T.H mat but I ordered on Amazon so will be arriving soon.
    She doesn't seem to really enjoy mealworms although it could also be from relocation stress. Its been a couple days now she slowly getting used to new environment but how long will it take? Also, I will pick up a few crickets to even see if she is at all interested. Could this be due to winter brumation as well? Not eating because of that?

I just started measuring her with scale she is approx 21g.

Heres some photos of her:

Is it okay to use the 10-gallon terrarium for now and upgrade later or do I have to change it ASAP? Does she look healthy? She is pretty active at nighttime although I seen her sometimes laying on the floor. Is that normal?
    I am totally new to owning a leo and any advice/suggestion highly appreciated.
    Thank you

Thanks

Congrats on your new leopard gecko. The 10 gallon should be fine for now, but an upgrade at some point in the future to at least a 20 gallon long is a good idea. It can take as much as 2 weeks for a new gecko to start eating, and they can go for quite awhile without eating with no harm. Some adult leopard gecko eat very little during the winter; there's no way to tell if that's what's happening. Do you know what the gecko was eating before you got her? I start my hatchlings on mealworms but the ones I keep to adulthood get tired of them and prefer crickets and super worms. Read some care sheets online and trust the information that keeps appearing .

Aliza

Aliza