Thread: Crested gecko care

Default Crested gecko care

I just got my crested gecko a week ago and it is about a month old but it will not eat unless I put its food on its mouth then he eventually licks it off. Iíve tried feeding crickets and he wonít eat them. Any suggestions?

East-central Wisconsin

Skip the insects for now, and make sure he is eating the CGD (are you feeding Pangea or Repashy? Both are good) well first. It takes a new gecko up to a month to start eating in a new environment! So a week is not long - they can go a long time without eating. Plus, a month old gecko eats so little when it does eat, that you may not even notice it. Your best way of knowing is to get a gram scale, and weigh him every couple of weeks to make sure he is gaining weight. I wouldn't do that for the first month or so though, until he is used to his new home.

What size tank do you have? He will need to have a smaller-size tank to be able to find the food well. You might try putting out two feeding stations - one up high, and one closer to or on the ground. You can always add the insects later. He'll need to get established on the
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - E. agricolae 1.0.0
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0, Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0, Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0