Thread: [NEWBIE QUESTION]Can I feed these to my Leopard Gecko?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default [NEWBIE QUESTION]Can I feed these to my Leopard Gecko?

Hi, I am a new member and I am currently doing my research on them and I was wondering if I am able to feed these to a Leopard Gecko:

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Produ...-g__384EN.aspx
    http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Produ...-g__385EN.aspx
    http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Produ...s__1502EN.aspx

Thank you.

Thanks

Leopard geckos need live food. I have heard of some leopard geckos that would eat dried insects, but it's not common. Their hunting instinct is triggered by the movement of the prey so you really need live.

Aliza

Thanks

I've never had any experience with leopard geckos, but I do have several creatures that supposedly only take live prey and have successfully fed them fresh killed insects, either because I was in a pinch or to get them eating again. You could try it, but I'm guessing it would work on some geckos and not with others.

Supposedly the specific products you listed contain the same nutrition as live prey, but it's definitely a good idea to take it with a grain of salt until someone who has actually used the products or knows anything about gecko nutrition comes along.

Thanks

I don't have a leo, I have a crestie, but I will say that in the first month after I bought my crestie, I decided I didn't want to keep live crickets, but would try a small container of dried. He showed absolutely no interest in them.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Okay, I'll stay away from them. Thank you!

Thanks

You can give it a try. Canned bugs are way easier to deal with than live. Just remember, wax worms, live or dead, are super fatty. Also, live or dead meal worms have a lot of chiton that can cause impaction in baby lizards. Movement may be vital, or it may not be super important. Not quite the same, but my baby dragons downed live bugs like crazy, but when they were adults, they wouldn't go after them. But they love canned silkworm pupa, freeze dried meal worms, and freeze dried black soldier fly larvae. You could give the canned ones a try, like one can of each just to try.