Thread: Ball python confusion?

Thanks

Default Ball python confusion?

Researching ball pythons. It said you cant handle after feeding but you should not feed them in their tank so how do you put them back in the tank?

Thanks

You can pick him up long enough to put back in the tank... or what I do is put the container back in the tank and let them crawl out on their own. You just aren't supposed to handle them after they eat, until they poop.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Default Peeka

Ive had my pet ball python for almost a year now, and he hasn't acted this way before, it's been about a week, and he hasn't let me hold him, every time that I go to pick him up, he goes into his tube and just stares at me, is this normal, he is my first snake and I just want to make sure.

(Ps, it's another 2 weeks until he is due to molt)

Thanks

I feed in a box outside the cage. You can handle them just enough to move them back. What the "don't handle after feeding" thing means, is don't play with them for a while. You should also pick them up and support as much of their entire body as you can, especially where the food lump is, when you go to move them back. Generally, most of the digestion is done by about a week after feeding, if the temps are correct for digestion in the cage. The size of the food will influence how fast they digest too, as well as if they are growing or not. The minimum I go with is 4 days after eating with my baby balls, and at least a week with my adult. Hope that helps explain that.

Thanks

Default Peeka

Thankyou!! It does that helps with a lot, I read for about an hour a day for a week to make sure that I knew everything before I got him, but I never read anything like that!!