Hey! Iím been lurking for a while so I figured it was about time I made an account and an introductory post. I got my first reptile, a baby crested gecko, just over 2 weeks ago and itís been a blast Ė theyíre so cool! His (or her) name is Charmander, and I THINK a Flame Pinstripe morph. The owner said he was around a month old when I got him. Heís currently in a 10 gallon aquarium with a mesh top, paper towel substrate, driftwood, artificial plants, a rock, and a hide. Iíve been switching him from Pangea (what his previous owner fed him) to Repashyís just because my local pet store has Repashyís, and I offer him calcium (with D3) in a dish on the side, and some water. I mist his enclosure once or twice a day. He seems to be doing really well Ė he shed about the third day I had him and it went well, no stuck shed or anything. I havenít seen him shed since (2 weeks now), but I may have just missed it? I read somewhere that babies can shed every week or so? Heís eating, drinking, very active, and thereís no stuck shed anywhere, so I just assume heís doing alright. But if Iím doing anything wrong please say so! I want the best for him.

As for me, Iím a biology undergrad and aspiring field biologist/zoologist. Iím in archaeology field school this summer for the field experience Ė though finding ~thousand year old stone tools and pottery is pretty cool too, and tons of bison bones. I grew up on a farm with lots of pets but never reptiles. I have an African Grey parrot (Rita), and I used to have aquariums but had to put them all into storage when I moved into a dorm room 4 years ago. I'd like to get more geckos and a ball python in the future.

I don't know what else to say so here are some cute photos of Charmander. The first three are when I first got him and the last is the most recent.
Name:  ge1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  23.4 KBName:  ge2.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  23.0 KBName:  ge3.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  15.2 KBName:  ge4.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  23.7 KB