Thread: Wild Caught 'Pure Blood" Bloodline

Thanks

Default Wild Caught 'Pure Blood" Bloodline

CRESTED GECKOS, WILD CAUGHT "PURE BLOODLINE"

The New Caledonian crested gecko or eyelash gecko (Correlophus ciliatus) is a species of gecko native to southern New Caledonia.
    This species was thought extinct until it was rediscovered on an private expedition by Robert Seipp and Friedrich Wilhelm Henkle in 1994.
    Though the export of wild crested geckos is now prohibited.
    Biologists like Robert and Henkle exported several specimens for study before New Caledonia stopped issuing permits to export the species.
    And from these specimens, different breeding lines were established both in Europe and the United States.
    Crested geckos are currently being assessed for CITES protection and vulnerable status.

Here at GUARDIAN GECKOS in Belgium I breed Crested geckos among other reptiles.
    And i am very proud to have Wild caught genes in my collection what i name my “Pure Bloodline”

After more investigation I found a person who actually had Wild Caught animals.
    After long talks with him he told me how these animals got into his hands.
    He got the animals from Friedrich-Wilhelm Henkel’s personal collection !
    As Henkel became less active in the reptile scene, he gave his collection to someone who was still very much into observing these great animals.
    I waited patiently for a long time until I finally was able to obtain 2 offspring of some of these Wild Caught animals who are by now near retiring from breeding. These two unrelated F1 offspring that I have, who have been paired for the last 2 years, have both WC mother and father on both sides, so they are as pure as they can get.
    Out of this gene pool all the other crested gecko morphs that we know now have descended.
    My F1 animals are authenticated “Pure Blood” animals , untouched by human-made design.
    I named this line “Pure Bloods” because that’s what they are: they are pure genes from Wild Caught animals, so I didn’t see the need to make up a name for it.

I’m very honored that I’ve gotten the chance to work with these animals.
    (All my animals come with papers of authenticity signed between myself and Joachim who took over Wilhelm Henkle’s collection)

I've had these F1 animals for about 2-3 years now and ive had some very nice offsprings wich are named F2's.
    Only a few selective group of people have had the chance to obtain some of my animals so that they can continue to start any of their own projects with them.

With this post i will add a few pictures of animals of my
    "Pure Blood" Bloodline.

(Ive gotten some update pictures of some of the babies ive sold, so thats always cool to see )

Authenticated papers.

Wild Caughed animal (father of 1 of my F1 animals)

My F1 male, first picture i took of him when i got him +2 years ago.

My F1 female, first picture i took of her when i got her +2 years ago.

Some of my Pure Blood babies , they are F2's

One of my Pure Blood babies , they are F2's

Some of my Pure Blood babies , they are F2's

Some update pictures of some of my F2 babies wich are sold and are being raised by Double Helix Geckos.

Some update pictures of some of my F2 babies wich are sold and are being raised by Double Helix Geckos.

To check out more of these animals and this "PURE BLOOD" Bloodline, go to "Guardian Geckos"
    Breeder of Crested Geckos, P.Rugosus and other reptile projects.
    Guardian Geckos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farah For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (08-15-2017)

Thanks

How much is it for a "pure bloodline" baby? Im also from belgium btw. do you have a shop I can visit? Or is it more like a hobby?

Thanks

atm, im still just a hobbyist, i go to expos in Hamm - Houten - Antwerp , so delivery can be arranged.
    Also i ask 300 euros per baby.

You will be put on a waiting list though.
    Guardian Geckos

Thanks

They're beautiful! 300 eur is not a lot, I was expecting a whole lot more for one of these guys. I'd love to have one, but can't atm. How long is the list?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

well i think 300 is a fair price for a unsexed animal.

i think i have 5 people on the waiting list now, plus im also keeping a few for myself ofcourse.
    Not releasing any untill next year anyways
    Guardian Geckos