Thread: Behavior differences?

Thanks

Question Behavior differences?

I am planning on getting my first crested! And I was just wondering if there is any noticeable behavior traits between males and females, like there are with some other animals.

Thanks

I don't see any, though there is quite a lot of variation among individual crested geckos.

Aliza

Thanks

I have one male and one female crestie. My female is very tame and quite outgoing, but also rather bold (she likes to jump everywhere). My male is rather shy and timid. But I have read from other keepers that their tamest and most handleable gecko is a male... so I would agree that they just have individual personalities.
    1.1.0 Crested Geckos "Jackson Pollock" and "Pumpkin Spice" 1.0.0 Chahoua "Urmel" 1.1 Red eared sliders "Freddy Krueger" (25 years) and "Mucki" (45 years) RIP Peppermint (Green Anole)

Thanks

Personality seems to be more individual animal based, less gender based. However, with a female, she may at some point start laying eggs all on her own, which could be problematic. On the other side, a male could get seasonally rambunctious when he thinks he should be breeding. In the bunch of different reptiles I've had (and mammals), some males and females have been calm as can be all the time, others have been real a-holes. Doesn't seem to be a big influence by gender. Females may be a *tiny* bit more mellow in general, but I'm talking about a super itty bitty influence that really isn't worth depending on.

I haven't seen pairs of geckos interacting together in a non-stressful environment, so I don't know if they do head bobbing, arm waving, and tail positions like some other lizards. But you'd have to have two (or a mirror) to get those behaviors.

Have fun shopping around!!

Thanks

I figured it was more individual based Thanks everyone!