Thread: First Crestie Shipping tomorrow, house is too cold, what bulbs?

Thanks

Lightbulb First Crestie Shipping tomorrow, house is too cold, what bulbs?

My exo terra stays a solid 70-72F. If I'm not mistaken this is too cold (from what I heard it's okay for a night temp, but not a good day temperature). Any low wattage bulbs that you recommend? Next month we are moving and I need to be able to keep him warm in the car too. It's long distance, about 10 hours on the road. I'm thinking hot hands? (It's a device mostly sold in the winter for keeping peoples hands warm, but it doesn't get too warm and I could wrap it up.) Also, can the exoterra hood lamp hold a low wat heat bulb? Thanks!
    In case you're wondering-
    The guy hatched in 2016, and he's a beaut:Name:  FB_IMG_1501794315344.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  89.0 KB
    I'll be housing him in a 18x18x24:
    Name:  received_451158781950249.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  13.4 KB
    Thanks in advance!!

Thanks

70-72 should be fine. But if you want to add a little, Exo Terra makes a 13W or a 26W bulb with UVB100 that fits in the canopy hood. Don't let the temps get above 80.
    If it's cold for your car ride, you can pack him in a small Kritter keeper; pack it in a bigger cardboard box with newspaper loosely crumpled around it, and the handwarmers, wrapped in a towel or sock, tucked in the newspapers.

He is gorgeous! Congrats!
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

v.ic (08-13-2017)

Thanks

Temps of 73-75 are ideal, so 70-72 isn't far behind . Those temps are okay. It should het about 68 at night. I agreee with TAD... however make sure the box has holes! He is very gorgeous and the viv looks great!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

v.ic (08-14-2017)

Thanks

Thanks to the both of you, very much appricated. I guess I just got a bit nervous because I want everything to be ideal for this dude. (Which isn't a bad thing.)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to v.ic For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (08-14-2017)