Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Crested Gecko

Thanks

Default Poor Crested Gecko

Anyone's help is appreciated!
    No animal should have to suffer.
    This gecko has been living this way for 9 months and living off nothing but crickets!
    The owner is trying to rehome her because she can't handle her anymore.
    She said she's tried to feed it veggies and she won't touch them!!
    This is another case of someone getting an animal without research!
    I don't have a job because I have problems inside and pain that I endure on a weekly basis, I also have bad heart murmurs & chronic migraines,
    that keep me from having a real job. My job is taking care of my pets.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Or if you're in the Indianapolis, Indiana area please give her a good home!
    She deserves that!
    Here's the link to the AD;
    https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...258917892.html
    You can tell the poor thing is stressed, it infuriates me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by PersonalZookeeper; 08-14-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks

This is very sad!!! Poor gecko... I sooo wish I lived closer. I would totally drive to pick her up, but I dont have a car or license (only 16). I really do hope someone rescues her. I hope someone does their own research and doesn't listen to the owner about the care for the gecko.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Would it be worth sending her a gentle email explaining the poor care and linking her information, if i lived there I would so take the poor thing.
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I talked to my mom about it and we are hopefully gonna get her Wednesday. I did send her an email about everything and all she replied with was is that she's $60.

I've been so torn up about this that I'm taking it upon myself to rescue her, because I know how to properly care for her. I just hate when people listen to petsmart and petco people they don't always know the proper care. And I hate when people don't do research and just get a pet because it's cool. I already have 3 betta fish. 2 dogs and a cat. This will be my first reptile. But I know how to take care of it. I've been doing research ever since I was a kid. Animals of all kinds have always been my passion, mostly rescued.

Thanks

Awsome ty for saving her hopefully the damage done is reverisable and not long term
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

jeez, poor girl. i actually live fairly close to that area and i have a spare 35 gallon but i (my parents) just do not have the money to purchase new decorations, a new lid, etc.
    i'd be panicking too. i'm really glad to hear that you'll hopefully be rescuing her soon. she deserves so much better than the current care she's receiving.

Thanks

I'm so glad you'll be *hopefully* rescuing her!! Let us know how it turns out and post pictures once you get her.

(I sent a message to her/him about proper care, trying to sound as polite as possible... hopefully they listened)
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neonprint View Post
    Awsome ty for saving her hopefully the damage done is reverisable and not long term
    I'm sure she'll thrive when and if I get ahold of her! I'm still waiting on a response from the owner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiscotheGecko View Post
    jeez, poor girl. i actually live fairly close to that area and i have a spare 35 gallon but i (my parents) just do not have the money to purchase new decorations, a new lid, etc.
    i'd be panicking too. i'm really glad to hear that you'll hopefully be rescuing her soon. she deserves so much better than the current care she's receiving.
    Aw, I'm glad there is someone close to here! Keep your eye open please! On craigslist. I always suggest rescuing before getting one at a pet store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
    I'm so glad you'll be *hopefully* rescuing her!! Let us know how it turns out and post pictures once you get her.

(I sent a message to her/him about proper care, trying to sound as polite as possible... hopefully they listened)
    I did that as well when I saw it! and I definitely will keep you guys updated!

Thanks

i'll be sure to. i think craigslist is the only place i didn't think to look when i wanted a crestie.