Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to watch my baby birds grow?

Thanks

Another update. So it appears Porthos (or Pother lol) is going to be a Normal Grey... still hoping for a Pastelface with him. And Athos (or Atom) is a Lutino, as I suspected. They're finally ok track now and growing like a weed again.http://m.imgur.com/gallery/yyMzS
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Bright and alert! And love those baby pinfeathers. What do you feed them??

(Also, on the side, was sad to see that you have to find a new home for Lovely and Dekstest. Any luck yet? Hope you will stay on the forum, though - you have been so helpful!!)
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Bright and alert! And love those baby pinfeathers. What do you feed them??

(Also, on the side, was sad to see that you have to find a new home for Lovely and Dekstest. Any luck yet? Hope you will stay on the forum, though - you have been so helpful!!)
    I feed them a hand feeding formula, made for birds. I use Zupreem brand. I did use a different brand, but it just didn't fill them up like it should. This one seems to be great. I prefer to wait as long as I can to start feeding them this, because natural food (just like breastfeeding) is way better. But I didn't have a choice with these two if I wanted them to live.

I have not found a home yet. I'm very picky on who they go to lol. I wish I could keep them, but it's for the best. I am not going anywhere lol. You e also been very helpful!
    (Is not going to push it if they don't sell, at least I can say I tried lol)
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (08-30-2017)

Thanks

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/w6nJf Here they are again! They are growing like crazy lol. Athos is a very messy eater. And Porthos is actually a Pied not a N. Grey. I was really hoping for a N grey as I've never hatched one before. Still waiting to see if he'll be a Pastelface though. I've actually decided to name Athos, RaffRiff, because his older brother is RiffRaff, and he is also a lutino.

Ps- if you or anyone you know are looking for very tame cocklets (lol!) These two will be a available soon!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

http://m.imgur.com/a/Cmpl9 RaffRiff and Pother. Pother is a black pied, which I've never seen before. About 71 grams each.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-08-2017)

Thanks

Here is another update lol. First, the babes have their official and final name change haha! Fluster (make (someone) agitated or confused) is the young Lutino. Pother ( acommotion or fuss) is the dark pied. And the older bro is Riffraff (disreputable or undesirable people.). So they are all under the same 'catagory' I guess you'd say.

Pother has dark feathers, however his under belly has normal grey feathers. And they are chirping!!https://m.imgur.com/a/GpACq
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-13-2017)

Thanks

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/u5iuY Today, Pother and Fluster enter into the big world- This is their very first time being in a wire cage, all by themselves!! Over the course of the next few days, they will learn everything they need to, to join the other birds. They will have time in thi, wire cage,(grow out cage) where they'll learn how to perch on their own and learn that the yellows bowls contain seed and water. They'll learn to be independent and how to climb, ect. The first couple days, they'll only be in there at day, so at night they go back to grow out box. A very watchful eye will be in them over the next couple days. After I see that they can perch fully, without any issues, they'll no longer go back to the brow out box, ever again. They'll be in the grow out cage for about a week, then they'll move into a larger, more official cage with other birds. They'll stay there until they find good homes, or if we keep them, get there own cage. Over the last week or so, I taught them how to balance on the perch, and solcialized them with other birds and people, besides me and each other. They'll continue to get solcialation with people and birds, but at this point, everything else is in their hands, or should I say beaks?. It's up to them to learn to perch without my help. After this, I'll do mainly just written updates, not always pictures.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-14-2017)

Thanks

It's been awhile; Pother and Fluster are doing awesome. We had complications with Pothers crop during the last week, buts it's finally all cleared up. We actually didn't think he was gonna make it... but both are doing great now!

On the other hand; we have a new baby (from different parents). That's like triple average size babies are at this age!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-29-2017)

Thanks

I love seeing these little guys grow!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (10-03-2017)

Thanks

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hPFpW Such sweet little cheeks.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (10-03-2017)