Thread: Check it Out!

Thanks

Default Check it Out!

This has been my summer project! I'm very proud of the end-results. I used this http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...t-LOTS-of-pics tutorial to create a home for my crestie. I just wanted to share it with you guys! I added spring tails and some plants from the green house I worked at over the summer I won't be adding him to his new home yet because he needs to get a bit heavier (his length is only the width of my hand excluding his tail). But hopefully he likes it as much as I do!

Name:  20813350_1208781965893742_330635399_o.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  88.2 KB
    Name:  20807047_1208781979227074_1190091099_o.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  93.5 KB

Thanks

It's neat! But I wouldn't put a crestie in there, it's much too small and not enough plants and they do roam the ground a lot so having most if the ground be water is not a good idea and would have the humidity way too high all the time. I'm sorry but just not good for all crestie
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Last_Creature View Post
    It's neat! But I wouldn't put a crestie in there, it's much too small and not enough plants and they do roam the ground a lot so having most if the ground be water is not a good idea and would have the humidity way too high all the time. I'm sorry but just not good for all crestie
    Most of ground wouldn't be water though? Like I have hydroballs, a terrarium mesh, two bags of ABG mix, sphagnum moss and letter litter. It's an 18 x 18 x 18 right now I don't understand how that'd be too small? Most people and forums and websites I've researched recommend still keeping him in a 12 x 12 x 18 (As I mentioned before he's as long as the width of my hand excluding his tail). I feel like maybe the terrarium looks small because there is a lot of stuff in there already? I still have an umbrella plant I could add if a lack of plants is the issue. Though size wise, I wouldn't see an issue for a tiny guy like mine. Humidity wise I don't think there would be much of an issue. I spent a lot of money on the terrarium and putting it together, I would love to make it work for my crestie. Do you have any advice since you dislike it so much?

Thanks

If your guy is tiny and the bottom is not water, it will probably work fine, at least for a while. Cresties do like heights, so when he gets to adult size, you might want to upgrade to an 18x18x24, but the size you have is definitely better than a 12x12x18. You'll need a feeding ledge (or two - maybe there is one already in there? I can't see what's on the upper right), maybe another vine, and the more plants the better. I don't know much about plants (I have fake in mine), but if an umbrella plant is safe, then he'd probably like that. Your snake plant looks great, but it will probably outgrow your terrarium pretty quick! Make sure you have a good thermometer/hygrometer.

What kind of wood do you have at the bottom? It looks nice! Is it waterproof? Just wondering, as I started out with grapevine because I loved how it looked, but it molded. Live and learn!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    If your guy is tiny and the bottom is not water, it will probably work fine, at least for a while. Cresties do like heights, so when he gets to adult size, you might want to upgrade to an 18x18x24, but the size you have is definitely better than a 12x12x18. You'll need a feeding ledge (or two - maybe there is one already in there? I can't see what's on the upper right), maybe another vine, and the more plants the better. I don't know much about plants (I have fake in mine), but if an umbrella plant is safe, then he'd probably like that. Your snake plant looks great, but it will probably outgrow your terrarium pretty quick! Make sure you have a good thermometer/hygrometer.

What kind of wood do you have at the bottom? It looks nice! Is it waterproof? Just wondering, as I started out with grapevine because I loved how it looked, but it molded. Live and learn!
    Yeah the bottom looks like water but I made a tiny-staircase out of slate rocks, I got them at an aquarium store and glued them together with black silicone so they don't move around too much. As for the wood, I have one drift wood piece and the rest are cork wood. I also used a bit of leaf litter and sphagnum moss that are on top of ABG mix soil. There's some moss slurry I got from Integrated Exotics on some of the decorations. I do have a magnetic ledge not featured in the image since it's currently in my 12 x 12 x 18, as well as a thermometer/hygrometer.

Thanks

The driftwood might mold, so keep an eye on that. The slate staircase looks really nice! I think the tank looks smaller in the photo than it really is; see if you can get a photo from a little farther away. That might give us a little better perspective.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    The driftwood might mold, so keep an eye on that. The slate staircase looks really nice! I think the tank looks smaller in the photo than it really is; see if you can get a photo from a little farther away. That might give us a little better perspective.
    I think because it's so cube-shaped it looks very short. The focus on my phone's camera isn't too great, but yeah it's as tall as I said.:
    Name:  20839791_1209468582491747_1392932509_o.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  72.0 KB
    Name:  20861285_1209470422491563_641640242_o.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  46.7 KB