Thread: Mouth rot, or just scratches?

Thanks

Exclamation Mouth rot, or just scratches?

Hi,
    Today is tank cleaning day and I just noticed these to little cuts/dark things on either sides of his mouth. They were literally not there like two days ago. and I dont know what they are. if its mouth rot or just cuts from hitting his face. he was running around his tank very crazily the other day. but they are almost perfectly even on either side of his face. I feel like I'm going to bring him to the vet regardless.... I love him and want him to be okay.

advice /temporary home care til I can get in to see the vet next week.

Name:  20170803_235044.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  89.5 KBName:  20170803_235105.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  91.9 KBName:  20170803_235147.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  85.8 KB
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

That doesn't really look like mouth rot to me... usually there is inflammation or swelling underneath the eye that would indicate an infection. It can't hurt to get it checked out though.
    2.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus

Thanks

yeah its not swollen, yet and hopefully not ever, I'm monitoring him everyday to make sure it doesn't progress, do you have any simple solutions to prevent it from getting worse or if it does become infected before I take him to the vet. I have an appointment on the 14th.
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

You could move him into a sterile quarantine-type enclosure to further monitor his condition. I'm hesitant to encourage any medical treatment because there really isn't something to treat, just discoloration and potentially some minor scratches. Definitely let us know if that changes though!
    2.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus