Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dubia?

Thanks

Unfortunately the lateralis can fly, and are a known pest species in temperate parts of europe, where herpetoculturists are now dealing with terrible household infestations from escaped members of their colonies, the more and more I deal with them (they are a pain in the butt!) and hear from others about them the less and less I see them ever becoming a good staple, much less the replacement for crickets they are being touted as.

On a different note however, the dubia are definitely the best feeder roach available, if you want a nutritious, easy to deal with roach, they cannot be beat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midwestherps
    Unfortunately the lateralis can fly, and are a known pest species in temperate parts of europe.

On a different note however, the dubia are definitely the best feeder roach available, if you want a nutritious, easy to deal with roach, they cannot be beat.
    Yes i meant to mention that but forgot, Lateralis CAN fly but they do not climb smooth surfaces. thanks for the input.

i'm with Midwestherps on Dubia, they're the best by far!

Thanks

I'm okay with the discoid nymphs... they look like rolie-polies if you don't look too closely, but you're right, untytled... the adults are NASTY. Lol. :wink:
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

palex134 Guest

yea Im probably going to get 100 mixed size dubia from lllreptile soon. I want to start a colony.

Thanks

cant belive they sit there and count 100 roaches.. or do they make an approximation? or how do they do it.. because counting out 100 would be a pain