Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dubia?

palex134 Guest

Default Dubia?

Im thinking of getting a small colony of dubia. Are they ok to feed to rhacs? Are they ok size for cresteds?

Thanks

only nyphs. for hatchlgins im not sure but nyphs might be to big? maybe pinheads bu thtey might be to big as well. i dont know just make sure that whateve ru feed them is a bit smaller then their mouths can open. or somethign like that i forgot the rule to it

palex134 Guest

I meant for adults! Thats just a hatchling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palex134
    I meant for adults! Thats just a hatchling
    check out blaberus.com... just browsing through there answered a ton of my questions, and got me to convert from crickets to roaches.

i feed off eversize nymph to my adult cresties, everything up to but excluding adults. most i hold back as breeders or occassionaly feed them off to my larger herps.

Thanks

even for adults. just feed them the size that their mouth can handle i guess. maybe a bit smaller

palex134 Guest

whats a smaller/non climbing or flying species?

Thanks

you can go with discoids but they are way faster and harder to handle then dubia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by untytled
    you can go with discoids but they are way faster and harder to handle then dubia.
    Not to mention they're scary for someone who hasn't dealt with roaches before! Lol. :wink:
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

dubia will do you good. very easy to work with. breeds failry fast. lobsters are climbers and i hate that

Thanks

Not to mention they're scary for someone who hasn't dealt with roaches before! Lol. :wink:
    Sarah, i'm sure you'll get used to yours in no time! i actually stayed away from discoids cause they reminded me alot of the american pest roach.

i also like the slow nature of dubia and the fact that i don't have to hold the adults to look at their abdomen in order to sex them. you see, nymphs i'm ok at grabbing and holding the adults freak me out a little still.

Palex, you could also go with Blatta lateralis therse are the smallest nonclimbers out there right now that i know of, but get ready to haul @ss after them. they're pretty quick. Check out blaberus.com... :wink: lots of useful info there.