Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crestie eye issue

Thanks

Poor Bella! I hope she starts feeling better soon.
    2.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus

Thanks

Let us know what you find out. Hoping for the best.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Vet said Bella was at the beginning stages of a calcium crash. Her sacs were small. They gave her a shot of calcium and we have liquid drops for her. She said the reason for the crash is likely due to the fact she wasn't eating AS well as she normally does while on the antibiotics.

Poor thing ran to my husband after the shot and tried burrowing into his elbow ☹️
    crested geckos 1.2.0 Buddy, Annabella, Olive
    Cat 0.1.0 Bailey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf928 For This Useful Post:

TAD (09-07-2017)

Thanks

Update on Bella! Week 2 of the calcium supplement. First week was a struggle bc she hated the taste and refused to lick it off her nose when we booped her. The vet has us mix it with a small amount of babyfood to mask the taste. That did the trick! She went from full body shakes to just head shakes now. And she's eating again! Occasionally she fights us on the last bite of the meds.. presently I'm at a stale mate with her, so I'm letting her chill, pic below. If the shakes don't stop by mid week we have to bring her back. Fingers crossed!

Name:  IMG_5776.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  84.5 KB
    crested geckos 1.2.0 Buddy, Annabella, Olive
    Cat 0.1.0 Bailey

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahf928 For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (09-25-2017),TAD (09-25-2017)

Thanks

I'm brand new only having raised Chameleons, snakes, and turtles and I'm only on day two of adopting a Crested Gecko but reading this and thinking about our little guy has me all sorts of in my feels. For the extra calcium can you dust a cricket or other insect if she has a favorite? I'm trying not to feed too many to ours but any time I bring a cricket up he snatches it out of my hand pretty quick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zqrf2006 View Post
    I'm brand new only having raised Chameleons, snakes, and turtles and I'm only on day two of adopting a Crested Gecko but reading this and thinking about our little guy has me all sorts of in my feels. For the extra calcium can you dust a cricket or other insect if she has a favorite? I'm trying not to feed too many to ours but any time I bring a cricket up he snatches it out of my hand pretty quick.
    Hey-

So, the calcium supplement we are giving her is an RX from the vet. She had surgery in July due to a large abscess behind her calcium sacs. The vet said her sacs were infected and he's never seen anything like it. She was on antibiotics for a month (shots in her upper arm). We took her back in early September because she started shaking. The vet said she most likely wasn't eating as well when she was sick, on the antibiotics and recovering from surgery and was at the beginning stages of a calcium crash. They gave her a shot of calcium and a vile of drops to give her daily. She hates the taste of it, but we can't give her an alternative. She needs this as it's straight calcium. We will eventually begin supplementing with crickets again, but right now we need her to get the RX.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf928 For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (09-26-2017)