Thread: Empty 40 gallon tank

Thanks

Default Empty 40 gallon tank

I now a have a 40 gallon tank free as my uromastyx got an upgrade. I'm looking for ideas on what to put in it.

The one sort of issue is that it is at the middle school where I teach science. Being middle schoolers, I rarely let the kids actually hold the animals, but I will frequently get my uro out and walk around with it so the kids can see him, but most of the time the animals stay in the tanks. (I also have a Leo, an axollotl, and a fish aquarium up at the school and will be bringing my crestie up once summer is over)

I would like something a little larger that I can bring around and won't mind the kids touching it, but this isn't super important either. It isn't noise sensitive, not that its crazy but it does occasionally get loud. Preferably not nocturnal. Medium-easy care level and unique but not super difficult to find or really expensive. The kids love the uro and axolotl because they are different. I like exposing them to the new stuff or things they likely don't have at home. It also can't outgrow the 40.

Ideas?

Thanks

snake? I think some types might fit like maybe a western hognose? If you are considering a western hognose check out taylor nicole dean on youtube as she has good snake vids

Thanks

Bearded dragons are cool and tolerate handling well.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Thanks

I've seen some very chilled-out blue-tongued skinks, but I don't know their care requirements.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)