Thread: eggs and cooling question

Thanks

Default eggs and cooling question

alright first question, I accidently while digging for the eggs in the laybox knocked my tupperware to the ground, which contained month old eggs, it was less than a minute cuz I freaked, will this hurt the babies inside? like drown or anything..... secondly what month should I start cooling my female who is laying?
    I live in florida, so our winter is non existent lol but what temps should I be keeping my room during the day and then at night? also what month should I start warming my temps up to bring her back to be ready for breeding? thankyou!
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

When did she start laying this year? How many clutches so far? Average season is Febish-Sepish. That is about 8 or so clutches. What is the temp she is being kept at now? She'll need 14 night and 10 hour days. In she'll need 12/12.

Thanks

we started started late, she just layed her 3rd clutch, temps are 72ish at night and anywhere from 75 to 78 during the day. do you think the eggs I dropped last night will be okay?
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

Oh I completely forgot to mention the eggs- as long as there are no cracks/leaks, I think they should be fine. Make sure to put them back face up though. I would cool her about September still. Is this her first season?

Thanks

yes this is her first season and so far all her eggs are practically perfect, i have one that has a tiny weird patch, and then one that is smaller than the other eggs when it was laid, but its still developing, I also have a question about that, will the egg being smaller make the hatchling smaller too?

Thanks

Ya know, I'm not too sure. I would think since it cants grow as much. It'll be good to cool her in Sep, that way her season is short for her first time. That's awesome about the eggs. Hope you have some hatcheries soon.

Thanks

yeah, I'm excited I candled the ones that are furthest along, the tiny egg is basically blacked out, but the normal sized one still has a little space, also another question if the egg is laid with the embryo fertile ring of life thing on the bottom is it okay to leave it that way, or rotate it to be on the top?

Thanks

Again I'm not too sure about this one. I've read and read and read, but half say leave it, while the other half says turn it up. If it was me, I'd leave it. If you turn it and it doesn't make it, you'll beat yourself up. I mean, if you don't turn it and it doesn't make it, you'll still beat yourself up, but at least that was nature taking its course. But that's just my opinion.