Thread: "Win baby iguana" PLEASE RESPOND QUICK

Thanks

Default "Win baby iguana" PLEASE RESPOND QUICK

Okay. So I'm at this festival thing and they have win a baby iguana, I want to rescue one but I'm not sure if a 6 foot terrarium is possible.. (I looked up how much room they need) I have a 55 gallon tank I could temporarily keep him/her until I could possibly upgrade but I just don't think I could provide the right amount of room... would it be better to leave it, or get one and try to do the absolute best I can for it... because regardless of what I need to do (except space) I'm willing to do.

Thanks

If you see that they are being kept poorly, I would do it, at least you can take care of it and provide it with the best care until you need an upgrade, and the whole time you are waiting for it to grow you can be making plans on where you will keep the 6 foot terrarium etc, But if they are being kept poorly I would try and alert someone to it, because half of those babies are going to end up in the wrong hands...... its sad but if you can provide all the necessary food,lighting,and handling of an iguana I would say go for it. Just make sure to do as much research as possible. forums, youtube,books, etc and if you find out you cannot care for it in the end. find a reptile rescue or an iguana breeder or another experience reptile keeper to care for it.
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I'm being 100% honest here when I say I know nothing about iguanas, but at least I'm willing I guess, plus I guess your right considering it is a baby I could get someone to help me construct a 6 foot tank.. these past few weeks I've been researching crested geckos because it's what I've been planning on getting but it kills me to see these reptiles in these conditions

Thanks

i'm totally on board with the idea of you getting one to help it out, as long as you can eventually get the money to buy it a bigger enclosure. a 55 gallon sounds like it would work fine for a while, but just like you i don't know much about iguanas.
    reminds me of a time when i once went to my county fair as a kid and ended up winning a whole bunch of little feeder goldfish at a stand that you could also win hermit crabs at. didn't have a tank to put them in so we just got a little kritter keeper that they were selling at the same stand. needless to say that tank was severely overcrowded and was far too small for even one of the little guys and almost all of them died on the same night. i obviously regret trying to win them when i didn't have a good sized tank for them now that i'm older and i know much more.