Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crested gecko not laying viable eggs..

Thanks

I am completely aware that some aniamals (and crested geckos) lay eggs without being bred. That's not this case. Also the male is not over bred, nor is the female. Neither geckos ate under age. Everything is done right here, but I just won't get good eggs. Thanks for the reply though.

Thanks

Your welcome. I'm trying to share information I've learned from my Biology degree, and experience. If everything else is good, that leaves it being either an internal problem, probably in the female's system, or genetic (but without breeding to others, there isn't much of a way to figure out if it's the male or female.) Since you got good eggs before, it is possible that something happened inside the female that damaged something (much less likely, but also possible in the male). Between that option, and total genetic failure now, some kind of internal damage is more likely. Unfortunately, it would be insanely expensive to have a vet investigate in depth, even for just an ultrasound, if it could distinguish anything in something so small. Though a basic check-up/feel over might be a good idea for both of them. If it is an injury, it may be something that will heal with time, or it could be permanent. Having babies, by any female anything, is hard on the female's body and can cause injuries. If it is an injury, I hope it's something that will heal. Best wishes!!

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Yet again asking your opinion- should I try her with another male/him with another female next season? Or should I just give up with these two? I really believe it is the male, because the female has always layed just perfectly white and oval/round eggs. (Except one time, they were small-other then that perfect)
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Yeah I'd try with a different male next season just to try. Even if she's laying healthy eggs it doesn't mean she can make them fertile. I've seen virgins lay perfectly white and calcified eggs with no male so could be either. But yeah, maybe get a proven male breeder for next season to try again just incase
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Last_Creature For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (07-22-2017)

Thanks

I have had males that had spotty results when breeding. They seemed to be a nice healthy weight and were healthy, but weren't getting the job done. I slimmed them down a bit and it flipped the breeding switch on. Just something to consider. Our perception of what a healthy weight is may not be so accurate to where it should be.

Thanks

hate to high jack the thread, super sorry but it sparked a question but does that also go for females being overweight? slimming her down might actually make her want to breed?
    (next season of course)
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neonprint For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (07-22-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neonprint View Post
    hate to high jack the thread, super sorry but it sparked a question but does that also go for females being overweight? slimming her down might actually make her want to breed?
    (next season of course)
    Obese females have a less chance of fertility, if that answers you.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS