Thread: Question on how to take great photos?

Thanks

Default Question on how to take great photos?

Hi, Ya'll I'm interested and learning some tips and tricks on how to take professional looking photos of your gecko's and other reptiles. Also I'm interested in what type of camera's are used so I can go out and get one! Thankyou
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I find a background that I like (a lot of times I'll go outside. Nature is awesome.) and takes lots of pictures all in spot (this way I can find the best one) then I move around and start over. Let's use a dog as example; get the dog to sit and take tons of pictures (especially if the dog is moving around) and delete all the bad and save all the good. Then, move the dog around; let's say he's sitting pretty now, etc. I also like to have solid white backgrounds and get the reflection of the animal, I love those types of photons. Another thing I do is turn out all lights, even the tv, and use the. Tv as a background. (It's not professional at all, but it works.). I angle the animal and camera so all the background is, is the black tv screen. What I like about that is there is still a small reflection in the screen, but it's also an elegant black. o can't remember the exact name of my camera, so I'll post that later. (It's a Canon SX530 HS, I do believe)I'm by far not a professional and that's just the technique I use. And my camera is deffinetely not a professional camera. Only maybe $300 from Walmart lol. But a thing I like about this camera is it's not too "proffesrional" but it also takes good pictures. IMO, it's great for home use. Another thing I like is, it zooms WAYY in (like 1-2 miles), I mean, zoomed all the way in it may not be the clearest, but it's awesome. It also has a macro setting. If you want, I'll post a few pictures that I've taken with it.

Thanks

Thankyou for the tips, I plan on DIY a light box and trying to take some photos, however I need a camera still because the cheap one I bought for like 80 bucks is worst than the one on my phone, and I really want to be able to do super zoomed in photos, I love the photos of zoomed in eyes and scales and stuff. yeah I'd love to see some pictures. I've realized for the quality I want I may not be able to take a cheap cheap option lol
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I found a Sony Cyber-Shot on eBay for $175, with case and extra battery. It has a lot of settings on it that I'll never use (I am more of a point-and-shoot type of person, but I am getting better about trying new features), but it takes great photos and I am so happy with it! I had the next lower of the same camera and lost it while I was visiting Florida, but when I got back found this one, for less than I paid for the other one, so I am a happy camper! eBay has some good deals sometimes on used but great condition cameras.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

I honestly did'nt even think to look on ebay, Ill start looking

Thanks

And Amazon! I often find the same things on EBay also on there, for cheaper. I'm still working on posting those pics for ya.

Thanks

thanks

gclub