Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gargoyle owner.

Thanks

Default New gargoyle owner.

My gargoyle isn't eating at all. He drinks, and I've given him two crickets. I've been trying to leave the little guy alone but I'm a first time reptile owner, and I've had him about a week. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any pointers so I can be a good reptile mom? Thanks

Thanks

Some geckos can take up to 2-3 weeks before they feel comfortable eating. Give him a few more weeks. Keep offering him his CGD, but I'd avoid crickets for now. U want to make sure he's eating his gecko diet before offering insects
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Should I also not handle him? I've read that you should give them a week or should I wait 4 weeks to start handling him.

Thanks

What has worked for me is watching and learning the behavior my new additions. Letting them get use to my feeding, watering and cleaning schedule. I watch for them to be eating and pooping well. They almost seem to have a noticeable change in body language, seemingly less tense. Some settle in around one week and some not for three or four weeks. If I notice they are going beyond two weeks I add more foliage, hides or cork bark.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin_Oz View Post
    My gargoyle isn't eating at all. He drinks, and I've given him two crickets. I've been trying to leave the little guy alone but I'm a first time reptile owner, and I've had him about a week. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any pointers so I can be a good reptile mom? Thanks
    How is your little guy doing? We're having the same exact issue with our new guy ....

Thanks

He's getting there. He'll eat a little now but still a little scared.

Thanks

Aww poor guy ... hopefully they both start eating good soon!

Thanks

I'm not worried yet because he's been pooping, if he didn't I'd be rushing him to the vet

Thanks

Name:  IMG_20170622_091213_065.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  94.5 KB
    Echo finally ate. He's a good boy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]76438preName:  IMG_20170622_091213_065.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  94.5 KBt[ATTACH=CONFIG]76438[/ATTACH

Thanks

That's awesome. But just to let you know, if he has been pooping, he has been eating. There won't be any poo if he has nothing to poop out.