Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That time of year again!

Thanks

Default That time of year again!

It is that time of year again where all the corns are going to be producing! So far I just have this one female gravid and ready to go. She had her prenatal shed on Saturday and I put the nest box in right after and she hasnt left it SINCE! So maybe I will get eggs a little sooner than the average 7-14 days... Last year (her first year) I got 17 eggs so I am expecting around 24 or so. Also this pair throws normals, anery A's, amels, and snows. Wow...thist ime of year always gets me so excited! Anyways here are a couple pics:

-Adam

Thanks

Us too! We have 2 pair that should lay very soon. We'll have snows, normals, and amels as well. That's all I know of anyway, the snakes are the husbands domain. I can't remember if it was the pink and green snow that is in this pair or not, hmm... Maybe I should pay more attention!

Good luck with your impending clutches!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

Awesome! I currently have four breeding pairs and a few lone males and females that just arent getting paired up this year. Best wishes to you and your clutches as well!
    -Adam

Thanks

me too, i have my creamsicle to pink and green snow pairing, of which i am awaiting eggs from, i can see the bulges the eggs have on the female so a few more days maybe, i am expecting all creamsicles het for anery out f this pairing but i dont know if there are any mystery hets, and am interested on the effect that the pink and green snows genetics may play on the offspring. she is in the middle of her pre-lay shed, so we shall see..
    corey

Thanks

If there are no hidden hets, you should get all amels het for anery A (if I did that right...it's been a while lol). Once she finishes her pre-natal shed, expect eggs in 7-14 days.
    -Adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam105 View Post
    If there are no hidden hets, you should get all amels het for anery A (if I did that right...it's been a while lol). Once she finishes her pre-natal shed, expect eggs in 7-14 days.
    -Adam
    yep your right, since there are only amel genes and anery genes available to the offspring i am expecting amels het for anery a, and since the mother is a creamsicle, they will be labled creamsicles, since they are really hybrids.. i hope to get a ghost, het for amel and a amel stripe, or hypo stripe.. and maybe a stripe butter.. not sure yet though..

corey

Thanks

Me too!! I have anery het motley, and a huge butter that I put with a male anery motley. So should have a lot of anery motleys!!
    The still haven't done their pre-natal shed yet, but they are do to do that really soon!
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

I spoke too soon! John just came out of the herp room saying he's got eggs. The creamsicle and motley pair just laid about 25 eggs.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

Great stuff everyone! I didnt realize so many members on here kept and bred snakes as well.
    -Adam

Thanks

I just bred my first pair of corns, a Lavender and Lavender het hypo. I'm hoping for some fun hidden hets, even amel would be nice since I need someone to breed to a opal in a few years.

If anyone ends up with a female opal let me know
    ~Waldo is a girl~