Thread: Weirdo

Thanks

Default Weirdo

I've seen a lot of cresteds over the years and still never seen another like this fella. He's a... gray brindle dalmatian with portholes, I guess? He never fires darker than this, and doesn't get red. Anyway I love the look and am wondering: anyone have a thought on what morph I could pair him with to try to recreate this in the babies?

DSC_1765.jpg

DSC_1796.jpg

Thanks

Wow. Interesting. If this is him fired up, what's he like completely fired down?
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Very interesting. Perhaps keep future pairs on the lighter side? If you can find another light gray gecko that would be awesome, but other than that, may creamsicles? Really light red-based geckz? Any yellows.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

dragonlets (05-19-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treebiscuit View Post
    Wow. Interesting. If this is him fired up, what's he like completely fired down?
    I honestly haven't seen him totally fired down for a while - he has a hollow log he likes to sleep in that he isn't easy to get out of, and by the time I harass him out of it, he's at least halfway fired up.

Here's the best unfired pic I could find - it's an old one, but still about right I think.

Zenith_old.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
    Very interesting. Perhaps keep future pairs on the lighter side? If you can find another light gray gecko that would be awesome, but other than that, may creamsicles? Really light red-based geckz? Any yellows.
    Oh good, those were my thoughts too. I'm glad I'm on the right track. I paired him with a pale girl a few years ago, actually, and they had a baby (other egg died) that looks almost exactly like mom. I've got them together again this year (I took a break from breeding for a bit) but am wondering if another strategy is worth trying too. A light-based red would be lovely...

Here's the female he was paired with before (and is again now):
    DSC_1871.jpg

And their offspring:
    DSC_1925.jpg

Thanks

It might also be cool to pair him with another dal.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Ahaha, you are right ))