Thread: HELP Gargoyle Gecko choking up clear mucous

Thanks

Exclamation HELP Gargoyle Gecko choking up clear mucous

I'm kinda freaking out rn cause I was letting my garg drink out of my spray bottle nozzle but I think I gave him too much!!! I stopped cause he started raising his head but now he's been opening his mouth really wide, sticking his tongue out, and "coughing." He's been jumping aroumd and crawling like usual but still coughing every minute or so!
    When he opens his mouth I can see a pool of clear mucousy-water but I don't know how to help him! I'm trying to figure out a way to uplaod a video.

If anyone can help/has experienced this let me know
    Last edited by acnefrog; 05-08-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks

It sounds like he may have aspirated some of the water...and I have no idea how to fix that, or if you can if it's gone into his lungs. Do you have an emergency vet you can call? I don't know if it would be helpful, but can you hold him head down for a minute and see if gravity would clear it out of his throat? (And, I know you know this now, but never water him that way again...)
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

He seems to be okay now... I've been dotting on him and just encouraged him to cough it up when he could. Eventually he hocked up a fairly large mucous blob but was still acting off. The closest thing to an exotic animals vet nearby is my reptile shop, so I called them just to hear that I should wait it out I'm keeping a good eye on him. And yes, now I know.

Thanks

he probably got water in his lungs. I'd avoid letting him drink like that in the future.

Yes keep an eye on him. If it persists more than 24hrs, get him in to see a vet.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny