Thread: Display tank help/question

Thanks

Default Display tank help/question

Looking to switch my tanks for something nicer looking and time management friendly. Currently I have all my cresties on paper towels but was thinking of finally making the switch to a live terrarium.

Has anyone had any experience with these types of terrariums? http://infinityterrarium.com

Not asking about the vendor just the type - or would a diy be better? Saw them at a show and asthetically they look super nice. Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated
    5.3 Cresties :: 1.0 Bernese Mountain Dog :: 0.1 Maine Coon Cat

Thanks

Are you asking about just how to make a vivarium in general or about their tanks? I wouldn't get their tanks, since just briefly reading on their 'vivarium' page it says this:

"...constant ~80% humidity inside once completely saturated..."
    Big no no. and there big "Our tanks drawn in air from below and pull it out thru the top!" is exactly what the exo terra tanks do with their door vents

If you're asking about how to just make a vivarium in general though, I can help with that, and I also suggest reading NEHERP's info pages:
    http://www.neherpetoculture.com/care

Lots of helpful and important info here that they explain better than I could.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

Jennz4 (05-07-2017)

Thanks

Thanks so much - I did notice that 80% humidity but it appears that's just with the tropical setup. Shot them an email as well. Was hoping to find something already set up as that would be much easier but looks like I may be venturing into building something myself with my exos. The neherp site is great and have been looking at that
    5.3 Cresties :: 1.0 Bernese Mountain Dog :: 0.1 Maine Coon Cat