Thread: Night lighting

Thanks

Default Night lighting

TAD and Hygge (housed separately) never come out when the lights are on. They even hide under the Full Moon that I have in both of their tanks. So if I turn out all the lights, of course I can't see them. The blue night bulb doesn't seem bright enough for me to view them. Is there any good blue LED strip lighting that might work better? Or any other suggestions? I'd really like to see them when they're active!

They seem to sleep a lot; I am kinda jealous of those of you who interact quite a bit with yours, but I am reluctant to wake them when they're sleeping...
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Mine naturally start to wake up a bit more around 7-9Pm even if it's light out and that's also when I go in to feed/mist so that's when I handle. I think mine are just used to that schedule so they wake themselves up. Anyway. Handle later at night when you hear them shuffling around if you can. If you handle during the day and wake them when they're sleeping, they enerally just go right jack to sleep when you put them back though do try to handle closet to the evening.

Of they stay hidden away when there's any kind of light then I would just leave the lights out to not disturb them. I know it sucks not being able to see them but if they won't come put even with the slightest light then I'd leave them be and just try to handle more in the evening/night.
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Last_Creature For This Useful Post:

TAD (04-15-2017)

Thanks

I happened to see some cool lights on JB's Cresties' (jaybee on here) Instagram the other day. They're called Satellites, by Current USA. Here's her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jbscresties/?hl=en The post in question is from 3 weeks ago, and it's actually a video. Look for the blue glow. I don't know how to link to the specific post.

I really want to get a light from them but it seems like the shortest they have is 18" (my baby garg is currently in a 12"x12"x18"). And they're a bit expensive.
    My Little Gargoyle on YouTube - Instagram
    2.1.0 CATS | Ramses, Hades, Iris
    0.0.1 GARGOYLE | Ligeia or Bradbury
    1.0.0 BRAZILIAN RAINBOW BOA | IncÍndio

Thanks

I watched the video on that site, but couldn't find anywhere online to buy them.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Chewy.com: https://www.chewy.com/current-usa-sa...=%7Bkeyword%7D (there's probably other options if you search the site, too)

Amazon has them, and when you search for them it comes up with lights by other manufacturers too. https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...=3IQHBXR6CQ5LF

Drs Foster and Smith: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...FU6Cfgod6owLOg

Free shipping: https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/sa...FQ1rfgod2fUGqw

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Current-U...&wl13=&veh=sem

Thanks

i think our nocturnally friends eventually lock onto an earlier wake-up schedule. When I got my first crestie 5 years ago, he was strictly nocturnal, but after 2 years, even after a year of having him, I began noticing him waking up earlier and earlier to begin his night adventures. It got to the point where he'd be up at 7pm... during the summer months... without a care in the world lol and we all know how bright it can still be at 7pm in summer lol.

I personally don't like using 'night lights'. I actually despise them. I feel they are unnatural and don't benefit the animal at all. But I am also a night hawk. My job requires me to be. Even on days off I'm up till 2-4am so I'm always up and about when my geckos wake up. I'm not against others using them, completely your choice. I just thought i'd share my personal experience. Your gecko, in time, may wake up early enough to where the two of you can interact better, so don't get disheartened
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

TAD (04-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
    I personally don't like using 'night lights'. I actually despise them. I feel they are unnatural and don't benefit the animal at all. But I am also a night hawk. My job requires me to be. Even on days off I'm up till 2-4am so I'm always up and about when my geckos wake up.
    What do you use to see them at night?

Thanks

I used to work nights and I had my lights on when I was at home on my nights off, so I'm confused about not using lights because you stay up all night.