Thread: New gecko toy!

Thanks

Default New gecko toy!

Pumpkin has a cool new toy
    1.1.0 Crested Geckos "Jackson Pollock" and "Pumpkin Spice" 1.0.0 Chahoua "Urmel" 1.1 Red eared sliders "Freddy Krueger" (25 years) and "Mucki" (45 years) RIP Peppermint (Green Anole)

Thanks

Pretty cute! I would imagine that would be a great toy!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Pretty cute! I would imagine that would be a great toy!
    Yes, I have not put the tire in her tank yet, but I let her try it out on my hand. When I supported the tire on my finger she could climb the outside easily, thanks to the thick tread. If she was fast enough she would make it up, otherwise there was just enough friction on my finger to keep the tire slowly turning, so it was like a hamster wheel. I believe this will work well if I use the right rope to hang it up. I also took out the foam from the inside of the tire, so she may use it as a hanging hide.

Pumpkin is a pretty active gecko, so I try to provide her with enough fun climbing toys. These are rather expensive RC scale tires, but I chose them because I think they look great, they are full rubber and, well, I found the print on the rim very fitting .
    1.1.0 Crested Geckos "Jackson Pollock" and "Pumpkin Spice" 1.0.0 Chahoua "Urmel" 1.1 Red eared sliders "Freddy Krueger" (25 years) and "Mucki" (45 years) RIP Peppermint (Green Anole)

Thanks

I think she likes it! It does not turn on the ropes (if I wanted that, I would have to build some axle and tie that to the rope instead), but anyway she has a new thing to explore, and I find it looks pretty cool in the tank.

Thanks

Love it! Looks like the perfect toy. TireBiter dog toys are similar, (https://www.amazon.com/TireBiter-Sma...ebiter+dog+toy) although I do like the logo on yours.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

OMG this is so cute!! Where did you get it?
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

I got this one from Amazon. I tried a few different tire brands (the ones I won't use for my gecko tanks will go to a friend who is into RC cars :-)), because I wanted to make sure I get good quality, non-smelly rubber.
    The TireBiter toy mentioned by TAD should be pet safe as well. I went for the RC tires because I liked the real tire look, and that they are big and hollow so that they double as a hide. Pumpkin actually went in there yesterday :-).

So here's the "Mad Beast" tire I got for Pumpkin:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As I said, they are somewhat expensive. Alternatively, the tires from the Duratrax brand seem to have good rubber as well - a bit stiffer than the Mad Beast ones.
    These are also very nice and a pretty good price for four tires, comparable to the dog toy:

I also really like these ones. A bit smaller, but make a nice hoop, and the inner diameter also perfectly fits the larger feeding cups:

Finally, I do not recommend these tires, they are very smelly:

Edit: So the smelly tires will rather be used for their intended purpose, but I am happy to share some of the other tires, if anyone is interested.

Thanks

It was so cute when I found her inside the tire - watching the tank bottom for insects as usual

Thanks

Awesome that she loves it so much! And thanks for the links and reviews. Actual real tires are pretty toxic, I figured smaller "toy" ones should be much better but I doubt many are made with animals in mind!
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

I agree. The rubber should be nontoxic, but whatever gets added to make actual tires... I think it is OK to go with the non-smelly ones, given that I don't expect her to chew on them.

Somehow I had deleted the link to the tires I would *not* recommend in my previous post. So I added it back in.