Thread: Crested Gecko Not Wanting to go in his cage.

Thanks

Default Crested Gecko Not Wanting to go in his cage.

So today I cleaned my geckos cage, which I do once every week. I try to return him off of his favorite branch on to a nice and clean leave but he hesitated. So them I tried another area of his tank and he just didn't want to go and even tried climbing around onto my hand. Finally I set him and the branch in the tank and while doing so he eeked at me refusing. My gecko is about 2 months old and is 4 inches long. He does like to be held for short period, I have him I'm a critter keeper right now because of his small size. But my question is does he not want to go because he is scared of his cage or what am I doing wrong? Or does my gecko just want to be held more maybe?

Thanks

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. You've probably just got a curious little gecko who is interested in seeing life outside its cage.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Same with me when i put mine in the critter keeper/breeding box while i clean hes cage.Hes 8 months old but he kinda hates it.Or cause its small or i don't know.Try to put him on a branch or piece of cork bark and put him in while hes on it.

Thanks

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I felt so bad but I know he's jumpy and I don't want to loose him

Thanks

Okay, thank you! I just want to make sure my gecko is happy.

Thanks

Sometimes I will make sure that at least one branch/stick/hide is not cleaned and still has the gecko's scent on it as then, if I were to move around their terrarium (you know, mix it up), it will still smell like their old home. I personally think it helps them to adjust easier, but that is just me. Sometimes my gecko's will just not want to return to their enclosure so I keep them out with me then they try to run away, ha ha ha, the little turds they are.
    - Hail7ey
    Hailey Rose
    1.0 Correlophus Ciliatus ~ Gobi
    0.1 Maltese/Terrier ~ Mazy
    1.0 Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu ~ Milo

Thanks

It helps a lot if you put in some fake plant into the critter keeper cause mine will go hide under it.I think the reason they hate to go in to a little box while we clean their home is because they feel exposed if there is nowhere to hide in.I put in a paper towel and fake plants in to the box and some misting.Mine will just go under the plants and chills or sleeps till i finish.The other thing that helps if you tilt the box and put him in like you do in hes cage.Cause when we put them in from above into a box is like putting them into a hole and they will rather climb up our arms.But putting him on a small peace of cork bark before putting him in the box is enough too.