Thread: Sticky, the dark chocolate harley

Thanks

Default Sticky, the dark chocolate harley

Got Sticky finally fired up! Adopted him in summer 2016, and he's always in fire down, even in night. Now at around 2,5 years old he's 40grams, so nice, "average" guy.

His breeder had calcium problems with her laying females and some of the babies had symptoms similiar to MBD. He's now perfectly healthy, just with a little crooked spine in one place (just like me, haha!).

I once asked for tips for him in >this< thread, as he's very flightly and has panic attacks when I try to pick him up. I tried all the methods mentioned there and nothing really worked, so he's more of a display animal now. But as you can see I can hold him sometimes, and he's even fairly calm once on hands. Most of the time I just touch him with a fake plant and he jumps right onto my hands trying to run away from that scary green something.

Thanks

Wow. Love the broken pin he has. I know most breeders hate that but his is proportional and even. Nice tail too. I always like to call my gecko's that have those kinds of tails "the de-pix-elating" gecko's, lol. Nice size too. Hope that he eventually somewhat calms down for you, lol.
    - Hail7ey
    Hailey Rose
    1.0 Correlophus Ciliatus ~ Gobi
    0.1 Maltese/Terrier ~ Mazy
    1.0 Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu ~ Milo

Thanks

Hail7ey, thank you! I like him too, even if he's not the super highest end gecko. As for calming down I accepted that he prefers to be display animal, so I'm not forcing him too often. Usually I just take him for a few minutes to check him thoroughly and take quick pic once every few months (for the rest of the time I just watch him in his cage to make sure he looks healthy). And you are totally right about the tail, it looks like it's de-pixelated, haha!

Thanks

Yes, lol! Sometime I will have to send you a picture of my crested gecko Pickle's tail! It is pretty neat how we have developed all these cool traits, morphs, patterns, and colours! I can't even imagine what they will come up with in the future...
    - Hail7ey
    Hailey Rose
    1.0 Correlophus Ciliatus ~ Gobi
    0.1 Maltese/Terrier ~ Mazy
    1.0 Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu ~ Milo