Thread: Come to me eggies!

Thanks

Default Come to me eggies!

First eggs of the season are here!** I have a lot of first season girls this year, with a total of 7 girls bred so far (make it 8 with the girl who throws parthos I have not paired yet). Of the first round of pairings 50 days ago, my sweet little Serine has brought things in with a wonderful start by producing a very beautiful shiny pair of fertiles to add to my awaiting incubator. Kudos to her on such great first eggs!

The preciouses:

The pairing:

Another random pic of Serine as she is my daughter's #1 gecko and loves to chillax with the girl and her toys (obv the reptile gang here), lol:

**Disclaimer - there are the first eggs of girls I have paired. I have a fertile partho egg found on 1/10 that seems to still be developing but I am not getting my hopes up over it!
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Ahh, Congrats! Frogger is gonna pop anyway now with the first eggs of the season for me
    Name:  20170228_210047.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  95.3 KB
    (Sorry for bad quality, was a cell pic)
    Happy hatching!!!
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

OOh, she is getting round! My Phen is ginormous as well, also at 50 days since paired, and sitting at 77g. I know Frogger is a ginormous girl too- how much does she weigh when far along being gravid?
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Yay!! The look great. That's a great pair too. Can't wait to see what the will bring. Ps.- what happened to the partho eggs I'm Dec?

It's been a week since I paired mine... Debating on whether or not I should separate them tonight. I haven't seen them breed, but I'm sure they have.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
    Yay!! The look great. That's a great pair too. Can't wait to see what the will bring. Ps.- what happened to the partho eggs I'm Dec?

It's been a week since I paired mine... Debating on whether or not I should separate them tonight. I haven't seen them breed, but I'm sure they have.
    I usually leave mine together for 3-5 days if I don't see them lock right away - they will often do the deed while you are sleeping . Especially if they have paired before without problems (as I think your two have?) I wouldn't worry too much and they can likely be separated.

As far as the last partho egg - I found it on 1/10, assuming it was laid in Dec as I hadn't expected her to be laying during those months and hadn't checked her laybox for several weeks. So, I am not really sure how old this egg is. However, it has definitely developed further than her other fertile partho eggs, including the one I cut open after obviously failing and took pics of the teeeny embryo. So far the egg is growing and looks healthy. I hadn't candled it since I first found it until about a week and a half ago (I took pics then). I just took more pics tonight and it looks like it has developed further, so fingers crossed this one keeps growing and can hopefully hatch a healthy baby!

Pic of partho egg on 2/20/17:

Pic today, 10 days after previous pic. Looks like it has grown a tad:
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (03-03-2017)

Thanks

Yeah, I see a development. I am sooo super jappy! I hope it makes it. Has any cresty prtho ever hatched before? That's be so cool to get a happy-healthy partho hatchling. Do you think oud sell it? Who lays them? Has she EVER been paired?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (03-03-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
    Yeah, I see a development. I am sooo super jappy! I hope it makes it. Has any cresty prtho ever hatched before? That's be so cool to get a happy-healthy partho hatchling. Do you think oud sell it? Who lays them? Has she EVER been paired?
    There have been documented live crestie partho babies (I wish I saved the links I had to them...), but as far as I know they are definitely much less frequent than leachies. I would not sell a partho baby at all - IMO they would be considered the extreme possibility of inbreeding. Most gecko parthos are not clones, but often recombination with a polar body (think of two identical twins of opposite sexes mating - they all have the SAME genetic combinations so there is very little diversity), which leads to an extreme amount of homozygosity. This means that most alleles, or pairs of genes, will tend more towards two pairs of dominant genes or two pairs of recessive genes rather than a mix of the two.

If you have a recessive gene that could be deleterious (harmful, such as with genetic disorders that cause lethal problems) but it is paired with a "normal" dominant gene (this would be a heterozygous situation, with two different alleles paired together) - the organism can be fine. Think of some human disorders such a cystic fibrosis where parents can be healthy "carriers" (heterozygous) and an affected child who has the disease ends up with two pairs of the recessive gene (homozygous for the disease). If you have two pairs of a recessive deleterious gene, this is when fatal results can occur.

Since the increase in homozygozity of parthos increases the chance of these harmful genes forming pairs, this likely is the cause behind the the many defects and issues with partho embryos and babies not surviving. However, if you get the lucky combination of genes in the partho baby where lethal recessives don't combine and instead you have dominant homozygosity in any of the multiple pathways necessary for proper development and health, that is when you potentially can have a healthy babe hatch out.

The partho eggs I have are from my odd-patterned girl Pyrro, the one who has red spots which only show when she fires. She has been housed by herself since she was 3 grams, and there is no way any fertile eggs she produces are due to a male. Honestly, if she was a "normal" gecko, I would not risk trying to hatch out partho babies, but since she has a possibly unique trait, there is a potential for a live partho baby to prove out her trait more than if she was bred. I probably am just wasting my time, but it is very interesting to pursue this and I am a glutton for punishment xD

Pyrro, comparing fired to unfied:

DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (03-03-2017)

Thanks

Lol, thanks for the !season. (This is why I love you lol)

I remember that it was Pyrro now. Lol. Did you have her since she was three grams? IMO, the experience in having partho eggs is enough. Although it is hard to lose an egg. I hope all goes well, keep me updated.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS