Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zoltan, the black-eyed crestie

Thanks

Did some update pics of Zoltan during cleaning. As you can see his tail is slightly wavy, I hope that since it's a little over a month sine I noticed it and started giving him extra calcium with his Repashy it won't get any worse. I'm observing him closely and doing pics once a month to make sure it stays like this, if the extra calcium will not be enough and the tail will get even slightly worse then we'll go to the vet.

I'm still mad at myself for letting this happen, but I certainly learned my lesson and all our geckos/lizards are now watched closely (and supplemented with each feeding practically, depends on species). Especially as our big beardie male developed some slight underbite due to very big growth spurts (even though he was getting lots of calcium with each feeding it was still not enough). I sometimes feel like lizards are soo much harder to care than snakes... But at the same time more rewarding too <3

Too many to count, so you can find all our reptiles here - fb.com/sylphiesreptiles

Thanks

he's gorgeous! i really do love those dark eyes.

Thanks

He looks great! And thank you for sharing your experience with us, it helps us all learn.

I am curious though...how do you tell if a gecko has the start of MBD if they don't have their tail?
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    He looks great! And thank you for sharing your experience with us, it helps us all learn.

I am curious though...how do you tell if a gecko has the start of MBD if they don't have their tail?
    i'd like to know the answer to that as well. lol

Thanks

He is beautiful!! Love his eyes. They aren't getting anymore lighter are they?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post

I would like to know the answer too... As for sharing the story it's not something I am proud of, but I feel it's important to show that even more experienced reptile owners can do stupid mistakes.

In our case it was totally my fault, like I mentioned earlier we had crazy time in our life and did not checked on the reptiles as we should. At the same time we had problems with buying Pangea/Repashy so for a few weeks both our cresties were eating insects and some fruit "shakes" that I mixed for them... But stupid me forgot that without cgd I should add supplements every time and not only once in a while Of course when I noticed the tails getting wavy (it was near the time we finally got new Repashy for them and they were eating it for a few days) I started supplementing them with calcium asap, even now I add some to their food.

Some of you asked about his eyes - no, they are no longer getting brighter, I even think that they darkened again! I will try to do some macro pics again to show you all how they look at the moment.
    Too many to count, so you can find all our reptiles here - fb.com/sylphiesreptiles