Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoltan, the black-eyed crestie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos View Post
    This is pretty cool! I wonder if it's anything similar to the phantom trait that gargoyles have (their eyes turn black around 2 years old) Whether a fluke or not, it looks great contrasting with his yellow XD And congrats on the feature!
    Thank you! I like the contrast too! I would love to find a female with similiar dark eyes to try breeding for it out of curiosity (although I'm farily sure it's like paradoxing and won't be inherited).

And woah, I chekced your facebook page, you have some great animals and fantastic pics of them!

Thanks

His eyes started to brighten a little, so I'm not sure how they will look in a few months. I'm also super mad at myself because it turned out today that my husbands phone camera is great for macro shots, and it's now too late to get a good macro pics of his black-black eyes.

These are from today, you can see that right eye is still darker, while the left has a lot of brigter "marbling":

Pic from March:

And from late February:
    Too many to count, so you can find all our reptiles here - fb.com/sylphiesreptiles

Thanks

Gotta love those blue-eyed blondes.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Gotta love those blue-eyed blondes.
    Sure! I'll love him even if his eyes will turn out to be as bright as regular ones! But when he had them solid black he looked soo cool and cute that I hope they will return, haha! It's funny that when they were all black they had a purple tint to them, but when they started to get birghter now they are more blueish.
    Too many to count, so you can find all our reptiles here - fb.com/sylphiesreptiles

Thanks

Did some new pics today, but this time it's just the general body and color, not eyes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

TAD (05-01-2017)

Thanks

Beautiful!

Thanks

Beautiful gecko! But is his tail okay? It seems a little wavy to me, like he might have a cal deficiency?

Thanks

He is still a gorgeous gecko! Black-eyes or not. There's gotta be a reason as to why he *did* have black eyes. How old is he? What's his weight?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yourenotmyrealmim View Post
    Beautiful gecko! But is his tail okay? It seems a little wavy to me, like he might have a cal deficiency?
    Thanks! And to be honest I didn't notice it, in live it looks totally fine, but you are right and it is kind of wavy on the tip in pics... I will look closely later when the lights will be on, thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks

Uhhh, I'm sooo mad at myself, because of moving houses we didn't have lots of time and I forgot to check on the geckos, was just giving them their Repashy and misting The tail of Zoltan is slightly wavy on the tip, while the tail of our second male is slightly curved in the middle. So, they will now get lots of calcium in their food and I hope it will be better soon... and I have learned my lesson, just hope they will get better fast!