Thread: New, black-eyed crestie

Thanks

Default New, black-eyed crestie

Circle of life is weird somedays. In the morning I found my 9 years old snake dead and I was really shaken badly by it. Yet, the same day I lost one of my pets I also got a one new, so it's all weirdly good and sad at the same time.

Meet my new beloved crestie, he's really beautiful (on the pics he was fired down/in partial fire up) and soo sweet and gentle, just walked on my hand like there is no hurry in the world <3 It's soo different than my adopted boy who hates me with passion.

Sorry that some pics are a little blurry, the light was rather bad. Also, any ideas on a name?

(Tried to do a good pics of his amazing black metallic eyes, but it's not that easy, haha! So I posted one from his breeder page for you to see. And yes, he was born with them, he is now around 14grams, so still a very young boy)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

TAD (02-27-2017)

Thanks

Whoa!!! That's awsome! Does it impair their vision at all?

Thanks

It probably doesn't, Matts pieballed crestie has jet black eyes and all the lucistic cresteds(none have lived passed hatching, likley a lethal gene) had jet black eyes and with (patient zero?) I'm pretty sure his vision is fine. Must've just been a mutant gene that caused it, like how 90% of baby cresteds have blue eyes that slowly go gold/red but some stay blue.

Very nice find! I'm sorry about your snake.
    Looks like an Artemis (name)
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Thank you! Yes, he sees perfectly fine, the breeder said that he was as healthy as "normal" babies from this clutch. It's just a different color of irises, his pupils are normal and react perfect to the changes in light. And since he's already 14gram I think that it's safe to say that it won't kill him, probably just a form od paradoxing.

And yes, I'm really happy that I found him

Thanks

A beautiful boy you have there. I love his tail and his eyes are.... Awesome (?) I guess? That's really neat. As for name, the first thing that came to mind as Marbvel. Sorry about your snek...

Thanks

He's beautiful his eyes look silvery black in the picture, metallic looking & because of this the name Mercury comes to mind.

Sorry to hear about you snake, but the world moves in mysterious ways.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words!

We decided on name Zoltan as it was one of my favourite characters from games, and since I will probably spam a lot about him in future I created a new thread in picture section: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...447#post688447