Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First breed of the season! So nerve wracking.

Thanks

Default First breed of the season! So nerve wracking.

So I decided to put Lovely and Dekstest together tonight. I'm so so nervous. Ive never bred before. I mean, they were bred when I got them, but I, myself have never done the breeding process. It's so nerve wracking and I'm having a mini heart attack lol. I do have one question- I plan on havi them together for three days. Should I put two feeding stations or just one? Or should I just not even feed them for the next three nights?

I can't wait to *hopefully* get babies! *knock on wood*. So far so good. They are minding their own business as of right now. Thank you guys so much for helping me out with everything!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Yeah I'd put one feeding station on either side just incase someone wants a snack. I know frogger(my female) always has a huge appetite after she's been bred.

Just make sure to keep a really close eye on them. Depending on the size of your tank/tub, if they are both eating and don't mind each other then why not keep them together a little longer just incase they didn't lock up.
    For my breeding pair this season I'm keeping them together till frogger layer her first clutch cause they actually get along quite well.
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

I might keep them together longer. If al goes well. One of them were eating last night (not sure which one though since the food is hidden by a plant lol) so I take that as a good sign. So far no fights. They did live together for almost three years before I got them, but it's been almost a year since I housed them in different homes. Thanks for answering my question.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

I only house my breeding geckos together one night. My boys are more than willing to get the job done nearly immediately. Most cases (esp with my cresties) all I have to do is put the male in with a female in a smaller tub and the boys get it done and I don't even have to put them together over night. My gargs are a little slower to getting it done so they're housed together for one night and separated. I usually plan on pairing them for nights while I'm working on an art project so I can listen in to their antics. LOL
    Kelly @ OUROBOROS EXOTICS
    Currently working with Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Leachianus geckos,
    E. Agricolae and E. Vieilliardi
    Facebook.com/OuroborosGeckos
    ouroborosexotics.wix.com/geckos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshi'smom For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (03-20-2017)

Thanks

So, they were together on February 23rd, and we're together for 8 days. Tonight, March 20th, Lovely is in her new box. So, it's only been a. Month, I thought for the first time in he year they laid a couple months after mating, so should I sorry If she lays sooner, or will she be okay? Thanks!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Yeah, she should be fine.

It can differ between females. Some of mine have laid around 30 days after their first time breeding and some have taken around 60 days.
    12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
    >Instagram<
    >Facebook<

Thanks

She laid our first clutch of the season last night!! I knew it was gonna belastight, she was active all day. Pretty sure they're no good. Sticking together, soft and yellow completely through. Hoping for tha best though.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Congrats on your first eggies of this season! Sometimes when the guy doesn't catch her at the right time when she is cycling the first clutch may not have his "input" (depending on timing). Hopefully if this set doesn't end up with a cheerio, her next ones will.

I have a bunch of first-timers this year and most are taking soooo long to lay, though Serine gave me a beautiful clutch 38 days ago and has been digging for two days now so I might have more from her soon.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

**Update**. The better one of the two might, possibly be fertile. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, there is a very very faint cheerio. Tbh, i don't think he'd make it to hatching point if it's viable now. Buuuuut, both eggs are evenly calcified and pearly white, just like all her other eggs were.

Quote Originally Posted by CrestieFu View Post
    Congrats on your first eggies of this season! Sometimes when the guy doesn't catch her at the right time when she is cycling the first clutch may not have his "input" (depending on timing). Hopefully if this set doesn't end up with a cheerio, her next ones will.

I have a bunch of first-timers this year and most are taking soooo long to lay, though Serine gave me a beautiful clutch 38 days ago and has been digging for two days now so I might have more from her soon.
    I sure hope her n st ones do!!
    And congrats on the eggs from Serine. Hopefully they're good and the other first timer eggies are good!!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

How are the eggs looking now?

Serine's were great again, she is turning out to be a stellar first season girl! But my much anticipated Phen eggs finally arrived 96 days after pairing, and they were duds .

I caught the good momma resting after her hard work, all deflated

Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (04-22-2017)