Thread: "Vines"

Thanks

Default "Vines"

Thinking ahead to when my new gargoyle is mature and I have a bigger tank; I would like to have a climbing "vine" that is big enough to hold him. I am not crazy about the bamboo sticks, and was wondering if I put a metal rod through a PVC pipe, then covered it with foam pipe insulation, I could put magnets on the ends to position it in the tank where I want. Just wondering how I could make it more natural-looking...what could I cover it with that would make it look better, and not be harmful to the gecko? Someone posted something they did with their twisted vines a while back that looked pretty cool. Can't remember where it was, though.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Not sure if this link will work but I use these branches with my gargoyles they stick with very strong suction cups, my gargoyles love to chill out on them.
    If link does not work on Amazon search: restyled sucker mounted branches
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_UL115_.jpg
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

I couldn't find those except in the UK (I'm in the US), but I did find these larger artificial vines (Reptology Climber Vines) - http://www.neherpetoculture.com/decorplants - so maybe I'll get one of those and just twist together. I can use suction cups and O-rings to hang them higher in the tank. Thanks for checking though! Those look really nice!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

No probs, it's usually the other way around, it's usually I can't get the stuff other people get because on in UK. Sorry. Good luck with your searching.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AceGargoyles For This Useful Post:

TAD (02-19-2017)

Thanks

sisel rope.

you can find it in craft stores, walmart, home improvement stores, etc. Make sure its untreated. Find the thickest rope you can, then you just need some heavy duty clue and coco fiber (or you can just use the plain ol rope if you want) it's a little messy, but the glue keeps the rope more stiff.

You'll have to find some way to 'seal' the end pieces, as it'll fray and unravel quite quickly. I think plain candle wax melted on to it is enough.

I have a bird, and a lot of people make their own bendable rope perches. They by halter rope (that thick, colorful rope you find with horse stuff that people use to make halters from) and then they take a thick, but bendable wire and run it through the middle of the rope and then take pvc caps and place them on the ends to keep the metal from poking their birds.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

TAD (02-19-2017)