Thread: Are gargs nocturnal too?

Thanks

Default Are gargs nocturnal too?

My crestie rarely moves around during the day, but is very active at night. Are gargoyles pretty much the same? Or do you see them moving around during the day/dawn/dusk? I have one coming in April, and just wondering if I might see a little more activity.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Many of mine will stay out in the open during the day while they rest, but no - they are very much active after dark. In fact, my cresteds tend to come out even if the lights are still on...but the gargs will not start moving about until it is dark.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Niffarious For This Useful Post:

TAD (02-15-2017)

Thanks

I only keep gargoyles now (except New Mossy)
    They are too generally nocturnal.
    They are quite similar but can fool them, if room is made dark & I don't put lights on when I get in from work they will often get up & about. I obviously wouldn't do this is the middle of the day as not fair to completely upset their body clock, just perhaps a little bit early. They can be pretty vocal, but I guess that might be because I have 7 all in close proximity to each other. Also they are more heavy/ clumsy on their feet & often you will hear them stir so you will know when to look at them.
    Bet you can't wait for him/her to arrive they have such great & variable personalities. Also tend to be calmer when handling unless you get one that's very determined. I have one like that, she is lovely but she will go where she wants to go she will only eat when she wants to eat & what she wishes to eats. She is boss! But the others are generally pretty chilled but various individual personalities.
    Good luck.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.5.0
    Chahoua. 0:0:1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AceGargoyles For This Useful Post:

TAD (02-15-2017)

Thanks

I am very excited! Like Christmas all over again! I've had TAD since November, and love him to bits, however, I really haven't handled him all that much because I don't want to disrupt his sleep cycle. I'm handling him a little bit more now while cleaning, etc., and I do that in the evening on weekends, which helps a little. He's still pretty skittish, though, and I don't trust him yet not to scoot off on me! So I'll be working with my garg a little more, as I have been reading that they are a little more docile and less skittish (in most cases) than the cresties.

Fascinating little critters.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0