Thread: Skinny Gargoyle

Thanks

Default Skinny Gargoyle

So, in on the east coast and ever since winter came, Electra showed zero interest in food. I hear sometimes winter makes replies aversive to food, so I shrugged it off. I would actually have to hold her and put the food in a water bottle cap and "force" her to eat (I would put her nose to it and then she would eat). Now she is eating in her cage but she still is noticeably skinny. I know gargs are supposed to be a chunkier species but after hardly eating for a while it definitely is able to be noticed.

This photo was taken maybe four weeks ago? She still is relatively skinny. I'm wondering if maybe if now I'm not feeding her enough. The tank is perfect as far as hides, temp, and humidity, but I'm noticing she is spending all of her time at the bottom, hiding under the fake leaves. She does not come out to bask or crawl around. There have been no recent or even close to recent changes in the tank, so I'm assuming maybe she sensed the change of season?

I'm worried about my little dragon.

How much should I be feeding a gecko her size? I use the meal powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    one gargoyle (unsexed)
    one 2yr male cat
    & a tank full of cichlids

Thanks

Have you been weighing her? The picture honestly doesnt make her look that skinny at all. Just a tiny bit but nothing id be concerned over. Winter does cause geckos to slack in their nomming, indeed.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

I haven't, I don't have a scale. I'll have to try and see if I can get another picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    one gargoyle (unsexed)
    one 2yr male cat
    & a tank full of cichlids

Thanks

You can try mixing up or trying other foods. I've had the odd picky individual.

I do agree though, get a scale and keep an eye on weight. How long have you had her? Have you ever had a fecal done?