Thread: Idea for a new enclosure

Thanks

Default Idea for a new enclosure

Hey guys,

My dining room has a built in shelving unit that I think looks pretty tacky as is, so I'd like to jazz it up a bit and turn it into an enclosure for something. The first animals that come to mind are chameleon, green tree python, or emerald tree boa. I'm leaning more towards a gtp or etb. I've never had the pleasure of working with either but they've been on my list for a while. The dimensions are 29 in wide x 42 in tall x 14 in deep. There is a drawer underneath it and by taking that out I could extend the height to 51 in. My question is to anyone who has or is currently working with gtps/etbs, is this a big enough space to house one of those? I know the height and width are there I'm just concerned that the depth might not be there.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    1.1 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0 Gekko gecko
    1.1 Uroplatus Sikorae
    1.0 Python regius

Thanks

Also, I've done a little research on gtps and tens, are they really that aggressive? I see a lot of pictures of people handling them with hooks. I had an atb a while back who was absolutely atrocious, but I also purchased him as an adult. If I get a hatchling is it possible to hand tame them? I work with tokay geckos which are generally pretty aggressive but mine are all handleable since I got them as hatchlings and handle them daily, or at least every other day.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    1.1 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0 Gekko gecko
    1.1 Uroplatus Sikorae
    1.0 Python regius