Thread: [HELP] Tail Infection?

Thanks

Default [HELP] Tail Infection?

Hey everyone, long time lurker here.

My beautiful female crested gecko is in a 75 Gallon Bio-active tank with another female, I recently noticed her tail is.. in bad condition.

It's very rough at the end and you can see it peeling/no skin at all... I'm insanely scared and have no idea what's going on and how to fix it.

Please give me some insight, here are the images: http://imgur.com/a/hEIIJ

Thank you! I appreciate your help..

Thanks

I don't think it looks infected- however, I would definitely put her in a small tank on paper towels (for easy monitoring) and permanently separate the two females. That looks like a bite from the other female. It does look like it has dirt on it- this is what can make it infected.. I would put her in a lukewarm sauna to clean of the dirt. She may just drop part of/whole tail or she might just leave it be. If she doesnt drop it, it will heal up and have a scar.
    Last edited by Lovelyanddekstest; 02-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

I agree it could be a bite. Looks infected but i think it'll fall off. After cleaning it off i think you should house it alone in a quiet and safe environment just to ensure that it completely heals and gets back to its normal self.

Thanks

Hi yes this does look like a bite from a fellow gecko.
    I have found similar injuries to my gargoyles after they have been in the same tank to mate.
    Not sure that is defiantly infected but sames goes in that you need to clean the dirt off either by a short soak of spray tail with water.
    Would move her to an individual clean tank with kitchen roll on floor, no dirt & clean or disposable items in so can be cleaned or changed regularly. Try not to fiddle with her tail too much as more likely to drop it. Watch that she is eating & drinking ok. If it becomes more swollen, red, weepy may need to take her to see a vet.
    By simply removing her & putting her in a separate tank & keeping a close eye, given time her tail may heel over fine with just some scaring. Keep a close watch on her. By following the above i have thank fully not required a vet for similar problems and they have been worse than your geckos injury.
    Good luck with her.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

Hi any update on you gecko & her tail injury?
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0