Thread: Platsic tubs for set ups?

Thanks

Default Platsic tubs for set ups?

I maybe moving both shiro and toothless to plastic totes for setups since i only have one twenty gallon that isnt broke or falling apart so i would like some suggestions on totes i was looking into the sterilite 3 drawer containers but im not sure the exact size would work. It would be a while before i get thwm unless i talk to my parentle units for it but suggestions on size would be a huge help.

Thanks

What are the weights of your geckos? For bins I am wary of drawers/lidless setups, and I have even heard of escapees with those popular front-opening bins (I forget their name). I am slighly paranoid, so my bins are the sterilite ones with blue handles with a waterproof seal on the lid and multiple latches to keep the lid on tight. My size progression is usually 6qt for babies, 20qt for juvies, up to 80 qt (20 gal) for adults.

Here is a 20 qt:

http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-20...h/-/A-15066036
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Shiro , whos my adult gecko last time i weighed him was 52 grams
    Toothles was 17 grams but im keeping him in the ten gallon for a while
    They need a weighing soon

Thanks

We also dont have Target in canada anymore-
    I think they shut down here

Thanks

Toothless is 18.70
    Shiro is 55.42

Thanks

You can probably find sterilites at many other stores, you can even get them from Amazon. Of course you don't need the same type I linked above, but I would make sure that it has a relatively secure lid and that the sides are not too opaque.

For Shiro, I would say at least a 64 qt (for any adult, really), an 80+ would be roomier though. I aim to move juvies out of a 20qt before 20 g, so you can probably put Toothless in a 56 as an intermediate tank, or a 64 qt that he can stay in till adult. However, if he is more of a nervous gecko and/or is not a great eater, I would err on the smaller side (56 qt) for now.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Its just i think the plastic tubs would be better since where i live we get on fire watch about either mid summer or even earlier if we had a dry spring so tubs would be easier to move if something happen , id do it for my leopard gecko but im not sure really how.
    Toothless is a eager eater defiently though he wasnt to sure on crickets when i got him but he happily eats and steadily.
    I would opt for clear then i can do my check on them and make sure everything is going right and plus sun or room light if its winter time.