Thread: How often should you be feeding crickets to your crested?

Thanks

Default How often should you be feeding crickets to your crested?

Hello,

My gecko is now old enough to start having crickets implemented into its diet.

My crested is about 3 months old and weigh 4 grams. I just came home from the pet-store where i bought a couple of baby crickets along with some calcium powder. But how often should you be feeding your crested with crickets? Wherever i read people always suggests different things. Some say twice a week while other says once a month so i really dont know what to go for. I know that cgd should make up for most of the diet. What has worked best for your cresteds during their time as juveniles?

Cheers

Edit: I'll be gut loading the crickets of course.

Thanks

It really depends on your preference. Since they don't really need to be offered crickets you have to decide if you want them to be a regular part of your cresties diet or simply a treat which is why some may choose only monthly offering.
    Last edited by Roro27; 01-29-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks

They are old enough to eat crickets after they hatch and shed out. Once or twice a week feedings are great for growth and improved feed response. You can taper off the cricket feeding a bit as they get older. I prefer to offer crickets twice a month to adults.