Thread: Sauna??

Thanks

Default Sauna??

So because I'm new to Crested Geckos I've been hearing you use this to clean thier feet. I'm not quite sure what it actually is. If you have the time and are willing to tell me I'd love that. Thanks!

Thanks

The usual protocol for stuck shed or food on toes follows. It would be modified slightly for dehydrated or sickly geckos depending on why they are in there.

1. Start with a small tupperware or deli cup (with airholes), an 8 oz one is common.
    2. Place a light layer of paper towel on the bottom for traction, then put just enough room-temp water to really go a hair above the papertowel. You want the feet to get pretty soaked no matter where they step, but don't want to have a drowning risk.
    3. Place your gecko in and seal the top, and (while supervised), let them soak for about 10-15 minutes.
    4. Remove and use a damp q-tip to gently try to get any remaining food or stuck shed off.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page