Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: life with my mini pig....

Thanks

Default life with my mini pig....

If you don't sleep with her, (put her in a kennel) expect to not to be able to go to sleep until she gets tired of whining and goes to sleep/30 minutes after you put her to bed. Expect to wake up in the middle of the night every 30 mintues to a screaming pig until you let her get into bed with you.

If you do let her sleep with you, expect to be woken up at least twice in the night so she can have belly rubs. And when she wakes you up for the belly rubs, she has a few different ways of doing it;
    1. Lick you in the face.
    2. Oink/squeal.
    3. Bite your elbow.
    4. Root your side/hip. (this tickles like crazy)
    or 5. Lick or bite your toes.
    Sometimes, all 5.

Oh, and you better get used to sleeping in one position; she likes to lay her head over your leg/arm, or sometimes likes to sleep almost directly ontop of your chest, and if you try to roll over, youll have oone angry pig. (she hates to get woken up).

During the day, you better watch where youre walking! She enjoys following you around and likes to stay at your feet. I swear, Ill trip over her to my death one of these days.
    She begs for food. Whenever she gets mad at anything, she stomps away grunting.

If you shake her treat jar, she comes RUNNIN! If she gets cold, she takes of running down the hall and into one of the rooms to stand in front of the heater, and when one side is nice and roasted, she turns so the other side will get warm! If she hears her name (Judy) but is unsure who said it, she will look around at everyone to see who is looking at her, and then she runs up to you and stays there until you greet her.

When she is ready for bed, she will stand at your feet and grunt and grunt and root your legs/feet and climb up onto your leg. She loves to cuddle, but hates to be in the air.

If there s something that she wants but you tell her no and wont tell her have it (i.e, dog/cat/human food) she turns into ittle "Im going to squeal and run toward whatever it is that Im wanting at full speed until I get it" Judy.
    Oh, she is also an escape artist. She can get out of everything... But in the end, the good makes up for all the bad. And, you cant stay mad at her when she does this... its adorable! Its so cute to see a little 7 ibs. pig get so mad and stomp off the way she does. And for something that small to have so much voice! I swear, Im deaf over hear. lol.

SO.... this is life with Judy.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

Nandatil26 (01-21-2017)

Thanks

Oh, wow. This sounds absolutely spectacular. <333
    0.1.0 Crested Geckos (Nandatil)

Thanks

Sounds like you all are adjusting very well.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

A little update, because a few things have changed.

So, she sleeps in her crate fine now, and sometimes prefers the crate rather then the bed. Whenever she is tired, shell run back and fourth in front of her room door (even if it's open) and squeal and oink her heart out lol. Sometimes, on special occasions, shell jump onto the couch and snuggle up with us until we go to bed. Most of the time, At night, we own up a large cushion so one of our dogs will have a place to lay, but she will have a partner-Judy. Judy will snuggle right up next to the 150 IBS dog until I get up to go to bed. If we happen to leave her (go to the bathroom,) and she doesn't see us go in here, shell pace and squeal until were found. If she happens to see us go in there, she stand at the door and squeal.

I guess she has to make sure we're still alive, because everyone couple of days shell crawl up to our face when were in bed and just smell and smell and lick, then she'll go back to sleep. Sometimes she sleeps on top of us, but mostly she sleeps close to our feet. She no longer wakes up to play, (once Ina great while she will) and she rarely wakes up for a belly rub. Her time to wake up every. single. Day is 9:15-9:45. If we get up earlier then that, she gets mad, if any later then that, she gets mad. Lol. Oh! And let me tell ya!! Her farts STANKS!! LOL. She still likes the heater. She still runs for her treats.

She knows her tricks as follows;
    Spin.
    Stay. (So cute-all stops wagging her tail)
    Shake.
    Say hi.
    Blue and red colors.
    And we're trying to think of more basic tricks, but so far no luck.

She is aroun 25 IBS. But still soon small. She is going in to get spayed the 30th, and it's super sad and we're worried like crazy. Anesthesia is really hard on oigs- way harder on them then a dog or cat and it's common for them not to make it. The vet we chose though has done many every year and has had no complications and she uses a certain gas (isoflourane) that is better for pigs. We don't want to have it done, but we're not going to breed her and don't want to have to del with a pig in heat every 29 days and deal with the possibility of her getting mammary cancer and many more possibly fatal issues (it's also magnified in pigs), so this is better for her and us.

Other then that, every thing is about the same. Thanks guys and Judy says hi!
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Hey yall!! Yet another update lol. So everything is pretty much the same with Judy.. Her spay appointment was changed so now its only a week away instead of two weeks and she is sitting at about 35 ibs, however not much bigger then a 12 ibs dog. I just wanted to post a few updated pics. She is absolutely hilarious!! And we got a new dog and she hates the dog! lol. (shes getting better with the dog though).

Last edited by Lovelyanddekstest; 05-16-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Pics didn't come through...
    Eileen

Thanks

how about now? they do on mY side...
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Now they do! And what pigtures!! She looks like quite the character!
    Eileen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Now they do! And what pigtures!! She looks like quite the character!
    She sure is a character! We call her Miss Drama Queen, fits her well haha. And I like what ya did there-pigtures.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Tuesday is Judy's pig day! We drop her off at 7 am and pick her up at 4ish pm. We're soooooo nervous and thinking about the worst case scenario makes me cry. But she'll make it through, she enjoys life too much not to haha. So wish her luck!

edit:just dropped he off!
    Last edited by Lovelyanddekstest; 05-23-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (05-23-2017)