Thread: How much CGD diet does your cresty eat?

Thanks

Default How much CGD diet does your cresty eat?

Hey! I was wondering- about how much CGD does your cresty eat and what does that cresty weigh?

One of my males and my female that are about 33 and 40 grams eats about 1 teaspoon of mixed Pangea, while my 21 gram eats about half a teaspoon of mixed Pangea. My 30ish gram male tend to eat more then any of them.
    Last edited by Lovelyanddekstest; 01-21-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

does that seem like alot or is it about average?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Well, I would like to help but I don't measure how much I plop into their cups or how much remains, lol. I can say that my biggest cresties (66-71 g or so) clean the usual serving I give for adults (~1/4 to 1/2 of a 0.5 oz cup) every 2 days, and as weights decrease (in adults) there is roughly a linear correlation between weight and food seemingly removed. I see obvious lick marks in soda caps in some babies - not so much in relation to how much they currently weigh, but more to how fast an individual is currently gaining. Some babies who are gaming nice and steadily I never see much change in food level but know they must be eating, while those going through spurts will leave less food behind.

Many don't eat the same amount every feeding - most tend to go in spurts and stops. Even my big cresties (and even leachies) will sometimes have some periods of not as much food gone.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

It depends what flavor I give her, really. The PFMC with insects and the banana/papaya, she destroys. She'll eat about 1/8oz (half what I put in the small feeder cups). The watermelon, though, she just takes a few small bites before turning her nose up at it. She weighs 41g, but I believe she's getting ready to lay eggs... If that helps, at all?
    1.1.0 Correlophus Ciliatus, Athena & Mordecai
    1.1.0 Dogs, Harley & Zara
    0.2.0 Cats, Zelda & Kittie

Animal & YouTube Nerd

Thanks

Mine weighs 37 grams; I make up 1/2 teaspoon of Pangea that lasts for 2-3 days. He'll eat maybe 1/2 of it most of the time.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

So, I recently got the +insects flavor and fed it about seven times, and I only seen one lick out of it, for all of them. The last three in feedings I mixed up the +insects and banana\papaya and they DEVOUR IT!!!! I mean, literally clean their bowls SPOTLESS! And I've also been giving them a tad more hen usual. I'm so happy.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Mine don't care for the w/insects formula unless it's mixed with something...I think that's fairly normal, to be honest!

Right now the best results I'm having is with mixing the new breeding formula with apricot.

Thanks

They all eat the amount they desire.You can't over feed them or under feed them.You can't force them.If i try to hand feed my gecko and hes not hungry he will turn away from the cgd.A bottle cap of cgd every other day is enough.When i fed my gecko every day he did so small licks that i did not even see if he ate and wasted a bottle cap amount so i started feeding him every other day and now he eats half of it so i know he eats it and i don't waste cgd.Of course the new cgd can be left in for 36 hours which is better and i will buy when i need to restock.Currently i have a measuring spoon that says 1ml and i use 2ml in a bottle cap.Some geckos like cgd thicker and some love it more liquid.Some use it dry without adding water to it.This may sound weird but it comes from a big breeder who asked Repashy (the man itself) if he can feed geckos with dry cgd and Repashy said yes you can.Geckos are picky but if you know how they like their foods then everything is alright.